Orientation and Weeks of Welcome
Orientation and Weeks of Welcome (WOW) help transition first year and transfer students to the next steps of their academic and life journeys.
Orientation provides opportunities for students to acclimate to campus, make connections, develop pride in Geneseo and establish a foundation for academic success.
Weeks of Welcome is series of events at the beginning of the semester to welcome our new students and help them get to know the campus and make new friends. Participation in Orientation & WOW activities is one of the best ways to start getting the most out of the Geneseo experience.
Timeline: Orientation and Weeks of Welcome 2021
- December 7: New Student Virtual Panel (Registration information coming soon!)
- Early January: Welcome to the Knight Family Virtual Session (families)
- January 3: Launch Orientation podcasts (students, families) & Canvas Course (students)
- January 17: Orientation Leaders begin virtual engagement with orientation groups (students)
- January 24: Move-In (students, families)
- January 25: In-person Orientation (students)
- January 26: First Day of Class and beginning of Winter Weeks of Welcome (students)
- January 26-May 12 (Last Day of Classes): Semester-Long Orientation/New Student Connections and Success (students)