Functions - Basic Concepts and Acting On Sets
Section 4.1 Materials
Section 4.1 Screencasts
Please note that if you are having buffering issues or slow response times for the videos or video controls, this can be alleviated by downloading the video. There is a "Download" button below the viewing screen of each video.
Section 4.1 Supplemental Videos
Here is a selection of supplemental videos related to topics in this section.
- Functions: The big concepts (Screencast 6.1.1),
- Functions: Terminology (Screencast 6.1.2),
- Function example: Names to initials (Screencast 6.1.3),
- Function example: Counting primes (Screencast 6.1.4),
- Function example: Congruence functions (Screencast 6.1.5),
- Function example: Derivatives (Screencast 6.1.6),
- Function example: Averages (Screencast 6.1.7),
- Non-examples of functions (Screencast 6.1.8),
- Equality of functions (Screencast 6.2.1),
- Functions involving congruences (Screencast 6.2.2)
These videos were created by Robert Talbert from the Mathematics Department at Grand Valley State University. Click here for more details.