Move-In Information Fall 2023
Each semester, we welcome our new students to campus and celebrate the return of students who've been away. Move-In at Geneseo is a busy and fun time!
Below we have provided a summary of the essential information for students settling in (or back in) to campus.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
- All students must be compliant with Health & Counseling vaccination requirements, which can be found in your MyHealth Portal; If you are not compliant, you will not be permitted to move into your residence hall.
- Symptomatic Residents and Guests: If you are feeling unwell or have COVID-19 related symptoms, please stay home until you are well. Although not required, it is recommended that you get tested before you travel to SUNY Geneseo.
- Students are welcome to mask in our residence halls, but not required.
- Additional information regarding compliance requirements can be found in our COVID guidelines.
New Student | Tuesday, August 22
Returning Student | Friday, August 25
New Student Move-In | Tuesday, August 22 | Time TBD
Our new students will participate in a central check-in process. Here, you will receive welcome materials, your room key, and ID card (ONLY IF you submitted your photo ahead of time).
Further Information TBD
Returning Student Move-In | Friday, August 25 | Times TBD
Our Move-In Recommendations
- Know your COVID-19 Status: Knowing your COVID-19 status will aid you in the move-in process. We strongly recommend that you get tested for COVID-19 prior to your arrival to Geneseo for your peace of mind.
- Arrive Early: Arriving 10 minutes early will make up for the wait time required to receive your results.
- Arrive Prior to 2:00 p.m.: Please make every effort to arrive at check-in prior to closing at 2:00 p.m. Call your Area Coordinator or Residence Director to let them know if you are arriving a bit later.
- Print out or have ready a campus map: this will aid in finding the Stadium Lot and the best routes to your residence hall. University Police will be directing traffic at key intersections where you can ask for directions.
- Print out the Campus Move In Map (fall only): Don’t forget to print and bring your color-coded Move-In Map!
- New Student Checklist: Make sure you've completed everything on the new student checklist.
- Packing: Check out our "what to bring" page. We ask you to carefully consider the amount of personal belongings you bring.
- Parking Permit: Get your parking permit online in advance. It will be mailed to your home or campus mailbox.
Students can view their housing assignments through the Symplicity Residence software once released. They will be prompted for their Geneseo username and password.
New students can expect housing assignments by August 1st.
Email Residence Life: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Residence Life: 585-245-5726
Tips for Move-In Day
- Take a breath and enjoy the moment.
- Have your COVID-19 Compliance up to date.
- Have your ID on your body.
- Bring a bottle of water and snack.
- Stay on paved roadways to drop off items.
- A few carts and baskets are available but if you own a handcart, bring it! It’ll help get you in your room faster.
Services for New Students
Vehicle registration is required for on-campus parking. You can purchase your permit online and it will be ready for pick-up when you arrive on campus.
Location: Schrader 19
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Phone: (585) 245-5588
HelpDesk Hours for Move-In: TBD
Looking to connect via chat? This is a link to the online Service Desk.
Visit http://cit.geneseo.edu for hours during the semester.
Dining and Campus ID
Campus Auxiliary Services (CAS) is responsible for providing your ID card. If you submitted your photo prior to arriving on campus, your card will be given to you when you check in to your residence hall. If you need to have your photo taken, or you live off-campus, you can visit the CAS business office.
Location: Blake A 108
Hours: Business Office: Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Visit the CAS website for dining hours.
The Campus Bookstore is where you can buy textbooks, Geneseo gear, and other supplies.
Location: MacVittie College Union, Main Floor
Be sure to visit the Orientation and Weeks of Welcome (or WOW) webpage as it one of the important ways in which new students can start to become part of the Geneseo experience.
Check out the Orientation Schedule in the Navigate Student App.
We can’t wait to see you on campus!