Each Fall, we welcome our new students to campus and celebrate the return of students who've been away for the summer. This fall will look different, but the spirit is the same. Our aim is to provide our residents with a safe, fulfilling, and successful living and learning experience. Adjusting to our new normal will take time. It will also be worth it. We could not be more excited to have our residents move in this August! We will persevere.
Move-in week at Geneseo is a busy but fun time as students, parents, faculty and staff buzz around campus preparing for the coming semester. Below we've provided a summary of the essential information for students settling in (or back in) to campus this Fall.
Students can view their housing assignments through the Symplicity Residence software. They will be prompted for their Geneseo username and password.
Call the Residence Life office at 585-245-5726 with any questions.
Housing Assignments will become available on August 1st for most students. Students may find out placement sooner if they are accepted into one of our living learning communities such as Eco House, Tesla House, Writers House, and Global House.
Packing & Preparation
- For health and safety reasons, we will not have Move-In Volunteers this year. Students will be allowed to bring one person to help with move in. We ask you to carefully consider the amount of personal belongings you bring.
- Check out our "What to Bring" page.
- Don’t forget to print and bring your color-coded move-in day map! (coming soon)
- A general campus map is also available for download.
- Get your parking permit online in advance. You can pick it up at Parking Services (Schrader Hall 19) when you get on campus.
- Print and fill out a Vehicle Information Form and place it on the dashboard of each vehicle you're bringing to campus during Move-In Weekend so we can contact you if there are any issues with your vehicle or parking during this time.
New Students (only)
8 AM - 4 PM
9 AM - 4 PM
Getting Around Campus (Fall Only)
- Enter campus only from specific locations indicated on the Move In Map (coming soon). Most campus roads have been designated as one-way for move-in day.
- Look for the color-coded signs and drive directly to your residence hall.
- Be sure to follow University Police directions.
Nassau, Niagara, Onondaga, Suffolk or Wayne
- After checking in at Lot S, follow the RED signs, turning into Lot T from College Drive and then cutting across Mary Jemison drive to enter South Village near Nassau Hall. “Information/Drop Points” are marked on your move-in map by Xs.
- Drop off your belongings, then park either on Onondaga Field or in a student lot.
Saratoga Terrace (The Townhouses)
- After checking in at Lot S, turn into Lot T from College Drive, then use the staging area in Lot TT marked on the move-in map by Xs across the road from the South Village to unload your belongings.
- Assistance, if needed, will be at the Commons. No vehicles are allowed on the pedestrian walkway.
Allegany, Genesee, Jones, Livingston, Monroe, Putnam, Steuben or Wyoming
- After checking in at Lot S, follow the GREEN signs from College Drive to “Information/Drop Points” marked on the map by Xs.
- Drop off your belongings, then park either in the parking available across from Monroe Hall, or in Lot E or R.
Erie, Ontario or Seneca
- After checking in at Lot S, follow the BLUE signs from College Drive to “Information/Drop Points” marked on the map by Xs.
- Drop off your belongings, then park in the parking available in Lot E or R.
Tips for Move-In Day
- Take a breath and enjoy the moment.
- Be sure to don your face covering to stay safe during move-in.
- Stay on paved roadways to drop off items.
- Field parking is available near Onondaga Hall only. (Fall Only)
- Drop off belongings and have one person wait with your belongings at the designated residence hall drop-off. (Fall Only)
- A few carts and baskets are available but if you own a handcart, bring it! It’ll help get you in your room faster.
- After unloading your car, please move your vehicle to the designated parking areas. (Fall Only)
Services for New Students
Vehicle registration is required for on-campus parking. You can buy your parking permit when you get on campus or pre-purchase your permit online and pick it up at parking services (highly recommended).
Location: Schrader 19
Hours: Friday 8/28 from 8 AM-4 PM, Saturday, 8/29 from 12-4 PM
CIT HelpDesk: Ask questions about connecting your computer to the Geneseo network.
Hours: Friday 8/28 from 8 AM-4 PM and Saturday 8/29 from 10 AM-4 PM. Open during library hours during the semester.
Phone: (585) 245-5588
Dining and Campus ID
Campus Auxiliary Services (CAS) is where you pick up your Geneseo ID card or ask about dining services. Meal cards will be active starting Friday, August 28. Food will be available from the Chowhound food truck, Starbucks and Fusion Market.
Location: Blake A 108
Hours: Friday 8/28 8 AM-4:30 PM, Saturday 8/29 12-4 PM
The Campus Bookstore is where you can buy textbooks, Geneseo gear, and other supplies.
Location: MacVittie College Union, Main Floor
Hours: Friday, 8/28 from 9 AM-4 PM, Saturday, 8/29 and Sunday, 8/30 from 10 AM-5 PM
Be sure to visit the Weeks of Welcome (or WOW) webpage as it one of the important ways in which new students can start to become part of the Geneseo experience.
New students can stop in at the Academic Advising office, located in Erwin 106, with questions about fall course schedules or academic plans. Starting on Friday, August 28, staff in will be available to answer questions or make arrangements for students to meet with one of the deans. Students can drop-in or set up an appointment from 8 AM to 5 PM (M-F) throughout the first week of classes to discuss schedules or academic planning. Call the office at 585 245-5541. The drop/add period runs Monday, August 31 to September 4th.
More information for first-year students. We can’t wait to see you on campus!
Geneseo Gives Back Sale (Fall Only)
At the end of each academic year, students donate items from their houses and residence halls that they no longer need. These are cleaned and organized and offered up for sale to new and returning students during opening weekend the following August. The sale is a fundraiser for the Interfaith Center and other organizations and is located at InterFaith Center (11 Franklin Street, Geneseo; next to Lauderdale!) Questions? Check out the Geneseo Gives Back webpage.