Each fall, we welcome our new students to campus and celebrate the return of students who have been away for the summer. Move-in week at Geneseo is a busy and fun time. Below we have provided a summary of the essential information for students settling in (or back in) to campus this fall.
Move-In Date and Time
Resident Student Check-In will take place at the College Stadium in Lot S. Many thanks to collaboration with our campus partners!
New Student Check-In
August 26, 2021
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (arrive at the stadium by 4:00 p.m.)
Returning Student Check-In
August 27 and 28, 2021
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (arrive at the stadium by 4:00 p.m.)
Information about COVID-19 Guidelines will be shared as they become available.
Students can view their housing assignments through the Symplicity Residence software. They will be prompted for their Geneseo username and password.
Housing assignments generally become available on August 1 for most students. Students may find out their hall sooner if they are accepted into one of our living-learning communities.
Packing & Preparation
- Make sure you've completed everything on the new student checklist.
- Check out our "what to bring" page. We ask you to carefully consider the amount of personal belongings you bring.
- Don’t forget to print and bring your color-coded move-in day map! (Not yet available for Fall 2021)
- A general campus map is also available for download.
- Get your parking permit online in advance. It will be mailed to your home or campus mailbox.
New Students (only)
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
August 27 & 28
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Getting Around Campus
- Enter campus only from specific locations indicated on the Move In Map (coming soon). Most campus roads have been designated as one-way for move-in day.
- Look for the color-coded signs and drive directly to your residence hall.
- Be sure to follow University Police directions.
Nassau, Niagara, Onondaga, Suffolk or Wayne
- After checking in at Lot S, follow the RED signs, turning into Lot T from College Drive and then cutting across Mary Jemison drive to enter South Village near Nassau Hall. “Information/Drop Points” are marked on your move-in map by Xs.
- Drop off your belongings, then park either on Onondaga Field or in a student lot.
Saratoga Terrace (The Townhouses)
- After checking in at Lot S, turn into Lot T from College Drive, then use the staging area in Lot TT marked on the move-in map by Xs across the road from the South Village to unload your belongings.
- Assistance, if needed, will be at the Commons. No vehicles are allowed on the pedestrian walkway.
Allegany, Genesee, Jones, Livingston, Monroe, Putnam, Steuben or Wyoming
- After checking in at Lot S, follow the GREEN signs from College Drive to “Information/Drop Points” marked on the map by Xs.
- Drop off your belongings, then park either in the parking available across from Monroe Hall, or in Lot E or R.
Erie, Ontario or Seneca
- After checking in at Lot S, follow the BLUE signs from College Drive to “Information/Drop Points” marked on the map by Xs.
- Drop off your belongings, then park in the parking available in Lot E or R.
Tips for Move-In Day
- Take a breath and enjoy the moment.
- Stay on paved roadways to drop off items.
- A few carts and baskets are available but if you own a handcart, bring it! It’ll help get you in your room faster.
Services for New Students
Vehicle registration is required for on-campus parking. You can purchase your permit online and it will be ready for pick-up when you arrive on campus.
Location: Schrader 19
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
CIT HelpDesk: Phone: (585) 245-5588
HelpDesk Hours for Move In: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and Saturday, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Looking to connect via chat? This is a link to the online Service Desk.
Visit http://cit.geneseo.edu for hours during the semester.
Dining and Campus ID
Campus Auxiliary Services (CAS) is where you pick up your Geneseo ID card or ask about dining services. Meal cards will be active starting TBD. Food will be available from the Chowhound food truck, Starbucks and Fusion Market.
Location: Blake A 108
The Campus Bookstore is where you can buy textbooks, Geneseo gear, and other supplies.
Location: MacVittie College Union, Main Floor
Hours: Monday - Saturday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. during the week of August 23
Be sure to visit the Orientation and Weeks of Welcome (or WOW) webpage as it one of the important ways in which new students can start to become part of the Geneseo experience.
We can’t wait to see you on campus!