How to Become a Geneseo Alum
To do TODAY!
- Create a non-Geneseo email address.
- Your student email address will expire six months after graduation. Visit CIT's web page "Support for Outgoing Students" to learn more and for tips to forward messages and copy content or download account information to a new account.
- Be sure to use this new email address on your resume, job and graduate school applications.
- Complete the 2023 Recent Graduate / New Alumni Data Collection Form.
- The 2023 Recent Graduate / New Alumni Data Collection Form collects your new (non-student) email address, mailing address and student affinity* information.
- The invitations you receive to regional and affinity* events are determined by the information we have on file for you.
- Graduates from other class years should update their information using this form: go.geneseo.edu/alumniinfo
- Class of 2024 data collection form will be available after Spring Break 2024.
* Student affinity = the student clubs, activities, groups, organizations and/or teams in which you were a member.
If you've come to this page after 8/1/23 - we suggest that you use this form to update your information with the Alumni Office: go.geneseo.edu/alumniinfo
- Join the Geneseo Career Advisor Network.
- The Geneseo Career Advisor Network a free platform that connects alumni with current students and other alumni for one-on-one conversations about careers, job search, networking and more.
- Get advice, coaching, and prep from alumni who have been there.
- At every step of your journey, SUNY Geneseo Alumni Mentors will be there for you!
- Career Advice -- Take the hassle out of networking and talk directly to an expert in the field.
- Resume Critiques -- Get advice on your resume and/or cover letter.
- Mock Interviews -- Practice for your big interview with insiders who can advise you how to land the job.
- Follow the Commencement home page for important Commencement information.
- Make your mark with KPC [Knights Philanthropic Council].
- All seniors who donate will be entered to win a large variety of raffle prizes.
- Seniors who donate $10 or more will receive a philanthropy honor cord.
- Submit photos to SUNY Geneseo's e-yearbook.
Remember those awesome yearbooks you had in high school full of pictures and memories? We have one at Geneseo, too! The Undergraduate Alumni Association (UAA) continuously collects photographs to add to our online collection. Commemorate your time at Geneseo and be part of history by submitting your pictures to SUNY Geneseo's e-yearbook at go.geneseo.edu/2023classpics.
To do in the FUTURE!
- Attend events in your region to network and socialize with other successful Geneseo alumni!
- Find a current listing of Upcoming Events on the SUNY Geneseo Alumni homepage.
- Regional alumni chapters are active across the country from NY to CA.
- Become an active member in the SUNY Geneseo Alumni Association (SGAA).
- Learn more about the SGAA.
- Help with affinity, young alumni and/or regional programming.
- Engage with your affinity alumni chapter and/or our new alumni identity-based affinity chapters.
- The Alumni Chapters website will outline which chapters are already active or how to go out about starting an alumni affinity chapter if one doesn't already exist.
- Alumni identity-based affinity chapters** include:
- Alumni of Color
- Jewish Alumni Affinity Chapter
- LGBTQ+ Alum Affinity Chapter
* Standard affinity = the student clubs, activities, groups, organizations and/or teams in which you were a member.
**Alumni identity-based affinity chapters don't require any particular or specific student involvement or membership.
- Find fellow alumni who share your interest, career field, and more on LinkedIn.
- Follow Geneseo Alumni on Facebook
Follow the Geneseo Alumni Facebook page to learn about alumni events and programs, engage in nostalgic posts, and connect with your fellow alums.
- Connect with the Office of Alumni Relations!
- Stay tuned to our homepage for events coming to a city near you and back on campus.
- Follow us on Facebook at Geneseo Alumni.
- Email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call the office at 585-245-5506.
- Support Geneseo with an annual gift.
- Your gift every year of any amount makes a difference for Geneseo.
- Alumni who make a consistent annual gift for a minimum of five years are considered members of the Loyal Knights Society. Start earning your membership right away!
- Make your annual gift today!
- Participate in lifelong learning opportunities.
Virtual lifelong learning opportunities include Alumni Book Club, Social Justice Movie Club, Alumni Learning Consortium, Online Courses and in-person Alumni Achieve Series events. Follow the Geneseo Alumni Facebook page for timely reminders lifelong learning opportunities and programs.
- Explore Career Development services and programs available to alumni.
- Mark your calendars - annual alumni programs.
- Great Knight | April
Commemorate the simultaneous celebration of Geneseo across the nation and beyond! Alumni, parents and friends are invited to attend events throughout the country, host impromptu gatherings and participate via social media with #GreatKnight
- Reunion | early June
Come back to Geneseo in early June to celebrate your first reunion, an affinity chapter anniversary or your 5-year milestone reunion.
- Reunion 2023 -- June 2-3, 2023
- Reunion 2024 -- June 7-8, 2024
- Great Knight | April
Most important (now and forever), update your email and mailing address as often as it changes!
- The invitations you receive to regional alumni events are determined by your mailing address. Nearly 100% of alumni news and invitations are now sent by email in an effort to increase sustainability and decrease cost.