Department of Chemistry
Geneseo's Chemistry program provides students with the fundamental principles and experimental skills that help them become responsible, contributing citizens with the tools necessary to make informed decisions. Our graduates are prepared to attain employment or enter selective graduate programs. Students completing the prerequisite teaching certification requirements have the knowledge and dispositions to become successful teachers.
For more information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Chemistry Department Chair, Dr. Wendy Pogozelski (email@example.com).
SUNY Geneseo Chemistry/Biochemistry Students Alumni Mixer
Featuring: Kenny Lipkowitz ('72), My Hang Huynh ('91), Jamie Vergis (('96), John Lamar ('00), and Michael Ruggiero ('12)
Check this out!!! [Click]
- Geneseo Chemistry Statement in Support of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The Department of Chemistry at SUNY Geneseo is committed to fostering and sustaining a diverse, equitable and inclusive student-centered environment where there is mutual respect for all. The Department strongly believes that all students deserve equity and inclusivity in their learning and mentorship experiences, one that welcomes, values, and supports a diverse student body. Diversity enhances the academic and life experience for every student.
The Department of Chemistry therefore commits to the following:
- To provide a safe environment where all students can engage, learn, and contribute to their fullest potential.
- To make progress towards removing any harmful biases by engaging in periodic conversations and initiatives that promote inclusion and equity for all students.
- To promote a nurturing and welcoming environment for all students, including, but not limited to, identities related to race, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, socioeconomic circumstance, national origin, geographic background, immigration status, ability and disability, physical characteristics,
- Chemistry Alumni Manga compliments of our outstanding Alumni donors, illustrated by SUNY Geneseo Alumni, Akiko Shimojima: [Click]