- Wednesday, April 21st, 2.30-3.45pm | Kick-Off Event: Building Rural Innovation Ecosystems
- Friday, April 30th | Application deadline for Summer Design Thinking Workshop Series
- Wednesday-Friday, June 2-4, 2021 | Design Thinking Fundamentals Workshop | 9:30 am - 3:30 pm | In-person
- Wednesday-Friday, August 18-20, 2021 | Design Thinking for Rural Innovation Teaching Practicum | 9:30 am - 3:30 pm | In-person
- Monday, August 23, 2021 | Building a Community of Design Practice | 9:30 am - 2:00 pm | In-person
September - December 2021
Following the summer workshops faculty and staff will have the opportunity to join a select cohort of their colleagues to continue deepening their knowledge and practice of design thinking over the Fall semester. Activities will include:
- Individual and group coaching sessions with design thinking facilitator, Dr. Sara Minard, to support faculty and staff interested in integrating design thinking into their courses or leading design thinking workshops through the Rural Innovation Institute.
- Online and in-person gatherings to share ideas, experiences, pose questions, and learn new design tools.