The New Virtual MLC
The Virtual MLC is now open!
The Virtual MLC provides tutoring services for various 100, 200, and 300 level mathematics courses. We do not have drop-in hours and instead you must schedule an appointment with a tutor. The available appointment times by tutor are below. All tutors can help with MATH 112, 213, 221, and 222, and each tutor can also help with the courses listed beside their name below.
How to schedule an appointment
- Go to geneseo.campus.eab.com
- Click "Get Assistance" in the upper right.
- In the drop-down menu, select "Academic Support", and the type of service is "Tutoring".
- In the next drop-down menu, select "Math Learning Center".
- You may only book a half-hour appointment.
- As your appointment time approaches, you should expect an email from the tutor with a link for the meeting and any other necessary details.
The purpose of the Center is to provide
tutoring for students in lower level
math courses at no cost.
The Mathematics Learning Center
is staffed by approximately
20 upper level math students.
- Go to class: take GOOD notes.
- Come prepared: look at your assignment BEFORE you come for tutoring.
- Have specific questions ready.
- Focus on the method, not merely the answers.
- Be an ACTIVE learner.
- Be patient: many people need help but few tutors are available.
- Be understanding: tutors are students too.
- Sign in and out every time.
- Review each problem after you finish.
- Have fun !
The Khan Academy contains over 2,000 video lessons. Subjects taught range from basic arithmetic and algebra up through multivariable calculus and linear algebra. There are also computer generated practice problems where you can master everything from adding numbers to using the chain rule.
Paul's Online Notes
If you prefer to read through examples and explanations then this is the site for you. There are extensive notes and examples for Algebra, Calc I through Calc III, Linear Algebra, and Differential Equations.
Founded and created by Geneseo's own, Mike Vaiana, RootMath features over 100 critically acclaimed Calculus videos and a homework help forum.
MathTV features videos on high school math subjects including Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry and Calculus. This site should be especially useful for secondary education majors with a math concentration.
PatrickJMT is a website full of instructional math videos. There are videos on Algebra, Calculus, Differential Equations, Linear Algebra and more. The site isn't organized very well, but there are plenty of great videos if you're patient enough to search through them.
Matrix Multiplication Practice Problem Generator by A. Murphy, Class of 2017
This is a Python script which, when run, will generate a runnable LaTeX file with a number of matrix multiplication practice problems. All useful variables are near the top of the script, such as matrix dimensions, product existence ratio, and number of problems generated.