Ways to be a Good Tutee
- Go to class: take GOOD notes.
- Come prepared: look at your assignment BEFORE scheduling an appointment.
- Have specific questions ready.
- Focus on the method, not merely the answers. Tutors will not give you the answers.
- Be an ACTIVE learner. If you don't understand something, please say so.
- Have a growth mindset - you don't understand it YET.
- Be understanding: tutors are students too.
- Review each problem after you finish.
The Khan Academy contains over 2,000 video lessons. Subjects taught range from basic arithmetic and algebra up through multivariable calculus and linear algebra. There are also computer generated practice problems where you can master everything from adding numbers to using the chain rule.
Paul's Online Notes
If you prefer to read through examples and explanations then this is the site for you. There are extensive notes and examples for Algebra, Calc I through Calc III, Linear Algebra, and Differential Equations.
- High Dosage Tutoring: A path for K-12 recovery