Information for Study Abroad and International Students With Physical Disabilities
- Mobility International USA (MIUSA) provides resources, advice and support to students of various ability impairments seeking to study abroad.
- MIUSA administers the National Clearinghouse on Disability and Exchange (NCDE). NCDE provides free advising services, trainings, and online resources.
- Their extensive resources include tips organized by disability, advice for revealing or discussing your disability while abroad, negotiating accommodations while travelling, and disability rights and laws in international contexts.
- To research disability laws by country, visit the Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund's page about international laws.
- The Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund (DREDF) also has a page listing national and regional strategic plans on disability.
- The State Department has a useful page that includes advice about dealing with the Transportation Security Administration and numerous links to other great resources that will help you as you research accessibility around the world.
- The CDC has a webpage devoted to travelling with disabilities, where they address accommodations, preparation and service animals.
- The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) page for travelers with disabilities is designed to make their support options clear and accessible. Becoming familiar with the expectations of airport security personnel can streamline and simplify the boarding process.