This policy applies to all users of campus facilities.
This policy provides direction as it relates to damage notification and reporting of College property and assets.
All damage to College facilities, equipment, and grounds shall be reported, and costs to repair such damage shall be collected from the responsible person(s) and/or the insurer.
The initiation of Damage Reports is the responsibility of a residence hall or academic building administrator, the University Police, or a designee thereof. All other members of the College Community should notify those identified above of any damages.
- A separate Damage Report form along with a Work Request form shall be filed for each instance of damage.
- The originator shall forward the Work Request with the completed Damage Report form to the Facilities Services Work Control Center, Clark Services Building. If the originator keeps the Damage Report pending an investigation to find the party responsible for the damage, the originator should forward the work order to Facilities Services with a statement indicating “Damage Report to follow” AND insert the work order number in the space provided on the Damage Report form.
- When the damage has been repaired, a copy of the Work Request stating that repairs are complete and noting costs for the repair will be returned to the originator.
- Damage Report forms showing costs for the repair will be forwarded to the Residence Life Office for those reports concerning residence halls, and to the Vice President for Administration for all other areas.
- The Residence Life Office and the Vice President for Administration shall be responsible for the recouping of costs for damage repairs. Monies collected for damages will be credited to the appropriate damage account.
Frequency of Review and Update
Every 2 years
Date of Approval