Memberships in Professional Organizations
To establish procedures for the payment or reimbursement for memberships in professional organizations.
The membership must be directly related to the activities of the College and provide benefits to the College. Generally, the benefits should include the following:
- Subscription to professional journals, newsletters, and other publications related to College functions or interests;
- Research services;
- Access to professional meetings and conferences; and
- Reduced rates for conferences or training sessions.
Memberships should be in the name of the College or a College title, rather than in an individual's name, and will be allowed under the following conditions:
- All materials and benefits received from the membership shall be the property of the College and made available to all College employees; and
- A limit of one personal membership in a particular professional organization per College division or section.
- The College's fiscal administrator or his/her designee (e.g., appropriate vice president) shall approve all new memberships or provide funding for the initial period and subsequent renewal.
- If the membership is in the name of an individual, an explanation must be submitted, unless an organizational requirement.
Last updated 11/10/2023