Congratulations on being accepted to study abroad! Below you will find information and resources for students accepted on Geneseo study abroad programs, other SUNY programs, and non-SUNY programs.
SUNY Geneseo Study Abroad Programs
The links below feature useful information for students who will be going abroad on a Geneseo program. You will be required to complete an online and in-person pre-departure orientation where you will receive comprehensive information relating to the topics below.
Accepted Student FAQs
Other SUNY Programs
Studying Abroad Through Another SUNY?
You must complete an application for Geneseo on Horizons. To complete this step, you will need a copy of the acceptance letter/e-mail from the other SUNY as well as a copy of your passport.
- Complete the SUNY Geneseo study abroad application by visiting the application page for Other SUNY Programs. On this page you will find a list of upcoming terms. To the right of the term you will be studying abroad select “Click Here To Apply.”
- Use your Geneseo login to apply.
- Follow all the instructions in the application and submit once you have finished.
In addition to completing the online application be sure to:
- Complete a Course Approval Form to determine how the courses taken abroad will satisfy requirements at Geneseo. For Summer and Fall students you must turn this form into the Study Abroad Office no later than May 1st. For Spring students, you must turn this form no later than December 1st.
- Schedule an appointment with the Financial Aid Office (585-245-5731 or stop by Erwin 104) to complete the Financial Arrangements Form if you intend to use financial aid.
- Contact Residence Life to let them know you will not be here, if your program is during the fall or spring.
For more information regarding grades, class registration, billing, and academic policies, please refer to the Policies and Procedures Handbook.
You will be invited to a health and safety pre-departure orientation at SUNY Geneseo. You should also plan to participate in the pre-departure orientation at the other SUNY institution.
Please carefully review the following information below on participating on a non-SUNY study abroad program:
- You must seek all credit approval through the Dean's Office. Please refer to the Transfer of College Academic Credit website.
- If you are participating on a semester program, you will need to apply to take a leave of absence. Apply using the Application for Leave of Absence.
- Consult with the SUNY Geneseo Financial Aid Office about the possibility of using aid on a non-SUNY program.
- The SUNY Geneseo Study Abroad Office values knowing when Geneseo students participate on non-SUNY study abroad programs. We ask that you complete a short document to provide our office with information about your program for statistical purposes. Please complete the SUNY Geneseo non-SUNY program form on Horizons.
Please refer to the Undergraduate Bulletin for additional credit transfer and Leave of Absence information.
Contact the Study Abroad Office if you have any questions: 585-245-5546 or email@example.com.