Skip to main content

Application for New York State Residency Status

Non-residents of New York State will be charged the out-of-state tuition rate. Basic eligibility for in-state tuition is determined by the student's domicile which must have been in New York State for a period of at least one year immediately preceding the time of registration. Your domicile is the fixed and permanent home to which you intend to return whenever absent. The sole purpose of attending college does not meet the domicile requirement.

If you have been charged as an out-of-state student and think you are eligible for a change in resident status, you must submit the Application for New York State Residency Status to the Office of Financial Aid, Erwin 104, 1 College Circle, Geneseo, NY 14454 or