Students must meet the following requirements to earn a baccalaureate degree from the College at Geneseo:
Earn a minimum of 120 semester hours. A maximum of 60 credits can be transferred from two-year institutions, and a maximum of 90 credits are transferable from a four-year institution. In addition, a maximum of 10 semester hours in health and physical education courses (with no more than four semester hours in activity courses), a maximum of 8 combined hours in MUSC 160 and 165, a maximum of 8 hours in ROTC credit, and a maximum of 15 hours in internships can be included within the 120 hours required for the degree.
- Attain at least a 2.00 cumulative grade point average at Geneseo.
- Achieve at least a 2.00 cumulative average in all courses in their major department applied toward completion of the major, and a 1.67 average or better in required related courses (i.e., any courses required by the major department which are outside its own academic discipline). (In addition, students seeking recommendation from the College for New York State initial certification must achieve a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5.) Note that some majors require a cumulative average higher than a 2.0 to continue in their programs (see Communicative Disorders and Sciences, School of Business and School of Education).
- Complete satisfactorily all courses required for the major (as specified by the descriptions of majors, minors, and courses in “Academic Programs”).
- Complete successfully the department writing requirement in the major (or first major, for students with multiple majors). Consult individual department offices for details.
- Complete satisfactorily the requirements of the General Education Curriculum. Approved courses in each of the General Education areas are described on the following website: gened.geneseo.edu
- Complete satisfactorily at least 45 semester hours of their credit toward graduation in courses at or above the 200-level.
- Offer toward graduation a minimum number of semester hours outside the major department or outside professional preparation areas, as indicated in the Undergraduate Bulletin under "Requirements for Baccalaureate Degree Programs."
- Complete a minimum of 30 semester hours in residence at Geneseo. Credit earned in Geneseo summer sessions or in on-campus evening courses counts as residence credit.
- Submit a Graduation Application through KnightWeb no later than deadlines posted on the Academic Calender.