You are eligible to participate in the May 2022 Commencement Ceremony if:
- You are graduating in December 2021, May 2022, or August 2022.
- You have not previously had your name listed in a SUNY Geneseo Commencement program
- You have not participated in an earlier SUNY Geneseo Commencement ceremony for the degree you are earning
All critical and necessary information about applying to graduate (for both undergraduates and masters candidates) is found on the Graduation Records Office page.
The Graduation Application deadline is April 1, 2022, so the College can meet critical deadlines for ticketing operations, printing programs and general preparedness for Commencement. The College informs eligible students about degree completion and Commencement participation throughout the fall and early spring semester.
Students who do not apply by April 1 have the following options:
1) April 1- April 29: Eligible students who submit graduation applications and want to participate in Commencement will have their names appear in the program, and tickets will be distributed through AudienceView Ticket App.
2) April 30- May 5: Eligible students who submit graduation applications and want to participate in Commencement will have tickets distributed through AudienceView Ticket App. However, your name and academic accolades can NOT be entered into the official commencement program due to non-negotiable print deadlines.
3) After May 6: Eligible students who submit graduation applications and want to participate in Commencement will need to claim their tickets in Kuhl Gym with a photo ID the day of the event. Additionally, your name and academic accolades can NOT be entered into the official commencement program due to non-negotiable print deadlines.
- To be listed in the Commencement Program, a graduation application (for both undergraduates and masters candidates) must be on file with the Graduation Records Office prior to April 29.
- No student may be listed in more than one Commencement program or receive tickets for more than one ceremony.
After a degree is awarded, diplomas are ordered for students who have cleared all Student Accounts holds. Diplomas ship within 90 days from the date an individual degree is awarded to the address provided on the graduation application. We recommend students verify their name and mailing address in their KnightWeb account under "Student Records."
Students are urged to read the Graduation Records webpage for more detailed information.
Final honors for December 2021 graduates will be listed in the Commencement Program for those students attending May 2022 ceremony. Tentative honors are listed for May 2022, and August 2022 graduates and do not include any Spring 2022 coursework. Final honors, based on the final cumulative GPA, will be noted on the diploma and transcript.
Summa Cum Laude: 3.80-4.00
Magna Cum Laude: 3.65-3.79
Cum Laude: 3.50-3.64