Your official transcript is maintained by the State University of New York at Geneseo and is bound by FERPA (Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974). Transcripts submitted to the State University of New York at Geneseo from other institutions for admission or credit become property of the State University of New York at Geneseo and will not be returned to the student or forwarded to other institutions under any circumstances. Students in need of these external transcripts must request them from the individual institutions they have attended.
SUNY Geneseo has retained Parchment to accept transcript orders online. Please click on the appropriate link below to enter your order. SUNY Geneseo has appointed Parchment as the designated agent for processing and sending official electronic transcripts on behalf of SUNY Geneseo; official printed transcripts are still available for ordering as well. The PDF transcript that is produced using this service contains the identical information as the printed transcript and can be certified as unaltered by uploading the file to the company's website that is provided during the delivery process. Parchment has been granted the authority to deliver all such electronic transcript requests on behalf of SUNY Geneseo and respond to any inquiries regarding the transactions. If you need assistance, you can contact Parchment here.
If you want your transcript to be sent out immediately, we strongly recommend the PDF option, as it is emailed directly to the recipient within a couple of hours. You'll simply need to provide the following information:
- Student info
- Order options
- Recipients (This is the crucial step for PDFs. Click the “enter recipient manually” radio button. In the drop-down menu for “this recipient is,” you have to choose “a business or other third party.” Fill in the physical address of the recipient and it will ask for the email address.)
- Summary (will show what you are ordering)
- Payment (enter your payment information)
Study Abroad Transcript Supplement: Use the "Order a Transcript" directions provided below. Students who studied abroad at a partner university/institution will be prompted to request their study abroad transcript supplement, which will travel along with their SUNY Geneseo official transcript. The study abroad transcript supplement displays the courses taken at the partner university/institution, the letter grade earned, and the number of credits. The study abroad transcript supplement is the official academic record of a student's study abroad program.
Order a Transcript
Click one of the links below to order a transcript. Alumni and former students with KnightWeb accounts may order transcripts via KnightWeb if they wish.
|Regular Request - First Class Mail||$7.50 Per Transcript|
|Regular Request - Pickup at Registrar's Office||$7.50 Per Transcript|
|PDF Request||$7.50 Per Transcript|
|FedEx Overnight (USA)||$37.50 Per Recipient|
|USPS International||$10.50 Per Recipient|
|FedEx International Priority||$62.50 Per Recipient|
|Unofficial Transcript (pickup in person only)||$3.00 Per Transcript|
Transcript Order Status
Please click here and log in to your Parchment account to track an order.
Unofficial Transcripts (available to current students only)
To obtain your unofficial transcript, you will need to save your Academic Transcript in Knightweb as a PDF file to your computer.
In Google Chrome, log in to your KnightWeb account > click on Student > Student Records > Academic Transcript. When your Academic Transcript appears on the page:
- Hold down the “Control" button (CTRL), and press the "a" key (CTRL+A) on the keyboard while the Transcript is displayed.
- Right-click anywhere in the highlighted area of your Academic Transcript.
- Select: “PRINT” from the option window.
- From the PRINT OPTIONS window, change the destination of your document to “Save as PDF.”
- Click SAVE and save the file to your desktop using your G00 number Student ID as the file name.
- Once saved, you should now be able to print the file or upload and attach to any email or site.