Your official transcript is maintained by the State University of New York at Geneseo and is bound by the Federal law FERPA (Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974). Transcripts submitted to the State University of New York at Geneseo from other institutions for admission or credit become property of the State University of New York at Geneseo and will not be returned to the student or forwarded to other institutions under any circumstances. Students in need of these external transcripts must request them from the individual institutions they have attended.
SUNY Geneseo has retained Credentials Inc. to accept transcript orders over the Internet. Please click on the appropriate link below to enter your order. SUNY Geneseo has appointed Credentials Inc. as the designated agent for processing and sending official electronic transcripts on behalf of SUNY Geneseo; official printed transcripts are still available for ordering as well. The PDF transcript that is produced using this service contains the identical information as the printed transcript and can be certified as unaltered by uploading the file to the company's website that is provided during the delivery process.
Credentials Inc. has been granted the authority to deliver all such electronic transcript requests on behalf of SUNY Geneseo and respond to any inquiries regarding the transactions. If you are uncomfortable placing an order over the Internet, you can call Credentials Inc. at 1-847-716-3005 to place your transcript request. There is an additional operator surcharge for placing orders over the telephone.
If you want your transcripts to be sent out immediately, we strongly recommend the PDF option, as it is emailed directly to the recipient within a couple of hours. It’s very simple; once you are ready to order you will complete the following:
- Student info
- Order options
- Recipients (This is the crucial step for PDFs. Click the “enter recipient manually” radio button. In the drop-down menu for “this recipient is,” you have to choose “a business or other third party.” Fill in the physical address of the recipient and it will ask for the email address.)
- Summary (will show what you are ordering)
- Payment (enter your payment information)
Study Abroad Transcript Supplement: Students who studied abroad at a partner university/institution are encouraged to request their study abroad transcript supplement. The study abroad transcript supplement displays the courses taken at the partner university/institution, the letter grade earned, and the number of credits. Please submit this form, and the Study Abroad office will see that you receive your supplemental transcript.
Order a Transcript
Click one of the links below to order a transcript. Alumni and former students with KnightWeb accounts may order transcripts via KnightWeb if they wish.
|Regular Request - First Class Mail||$7.50 Per Transcript|
|Regular Request - Pickup at Registrar's Office||$7.50 Per Transcript|
|PDF Request||$7.50 Per Transcript|
|Domestic Federal Express to main 48 states||$18.00 Per Recipient|
|Domestic Federal Express to Alaska or Hawaii||$21.00 Per Recipient|
|International Federal Express||$41.00 Per Recipient|
|Additional Surcharge for Operator-Entered Orders||$10.00 Per Order|
|Unofficial Transcript Over the Counter Only||$3.00 Per Transcript|
Transcript Order Status
To obtain your unofficial transcript, you will need to save your Academic Transcript in Knightweb as a PDF file to your computer.
In Google Chrome, log in to your KnightWeb account > click on Student > Student Records > Academic Transcript. When your Academic Transcript appears on the page:
- Hold down the “Control" button (CTRL), and press the "a" key (CTRL+A) on the keyboard while the Transcript is displayed.
- Right-click anywhere in the highlighted area of your Academic Transcript.
- Select: “PRINT” from the option window.
- From the PRINT OPTIONS window, change the destination of your document to “Save as PDF.”
- Click SAVE and save the file to your desktop using your G00 number Student ID as the file name.
- Once saved, you should now be able to print the file or upload and attach to any email or site.