Teletherapy appointments are provided through the secure Zoom Health platform. All student interactions with Zoom Health are via our secure student health portal, My Health, myhealth.geneseo.edu. More general information on My Health can be found at Using the My Health Portal.
To Schedule a FIRST Appointment for the Current Academic Year
NOTE: If you have already had an appointment for the current academic year (2020-21) and need to reconnect/reschedule with your counselor, send a secure message to your counselor directly at myhealth.geneseo.edu.
- Go to myhealth.geneseo.edu.
- You will see a main screen that states "Welcome to the Department of Health and Counseling Portal." COVID screening requirements are highlighted in red; be sure you have completed these before proceeding.
- Scroll down to click on the bullet point for "Click to Schedule an Appointment."
- On the next screen, click on the blue "Schedule an Appointment" button.
- Complete the COVID symptom screening and click "Continue.""
- You will see a list of options. Select the bullet point for "Counseling Services" and click "Continue." (Note: if you have urgent/same-day needs, select "Call-In Instructions" or call our office directly at 585-245-5716.)
- This will take you to the Counseling Services Request form. You will see the title "Compose New Secure Message" at the top, as your request will be sent as a secure message to the Director of Counseling Services.
- Complete ALL required items and click "Send" at the bottom of this form. (Note: you will NOT be able to submit the form if you have not completed all required questions.)
Once you submit your request, we will do our best to contact you within 24-48 hours. Please be sure to answer calls from our 585 number and to check your Geneseo email for notifications of secure messages from Student Health & Counseling. If it has been more than 3 business days since you submitted your request, you may send a secure message to Emma Wolford, Director of Counseling Services.
To Check In for a Scheduled Appointment
- Be sure that you are in a private location with no one else present. If you require assistance in obtaining a private space, If you require assistance in obtaining a private location, there are limited spaces in Lauderdale available for use; call our office at.call our office at 585-245-5716 and ask to speak with our Administrative Assistant, Amy Gonzalez.
- Go to myhealth.geneseo.edu.
- Click on the "Appointments" tab from the main menu. (Do NOT click on any QR code that comes up; these are for Health Services appointments only.)
- You will see a list of "Currently Scheduled Appointments." Find the appointment and click on "Appointment Check In."
- If you have not already done so, you will be asked to acknowledge the Counseling Services Consent for Treatment before proceeding. Read the form, click the box to indicate that you acknowledge and accept, and click "Continue."
- You will then see a screen that says "Appointment: Check-In" at the top with your appointment listed underneath. You will be asked to confirm your location. Select "New York" and click "Okay." (Note: You MUST be within New York state to receive teletherapy services.)
- You will be taken back to the screen that shows your appointment. Before you can start your session, you will need to complete any required Surveys or Questionnaires.
- For Surveys, check the the "Survey Forms" tab in the main menu. If you have required surveys, an orange button will show up next to this tab with the number of surveys you need to complete (e.g. "2"). You must complete all surveys before proceeding. When you are finished with each survey, click "Done."
- For Questionnaires, check the "Appointments" tab in the main menu. If you have required questionnaires, an orange button will show up next to this tab with the word questionnaire plus the number of questionnaires you need to complete (e.g. "1 Questionnaire"). You must complete all questionnaires before proceeding. When you are finished with each questionnaire, click "Done."
- From the Appointment Check-In screen, click on the link for "Join Meeting" to access your session in Zoom Health. (Note: You must already have Zoom enabled on your device.) This will notify your counselor that you have arrived; wait for your counselor to begin the session.
If you experience technical issues, try logging out of My Health and logging back in. If your problems persist, call the main Lauderdale office at 585-245-5736 and ask for our IT Specialist, Sue Palmer.