To fill out an application right now, visit GIRO Proposal Application.
A quick note: If your proposal is selected, you will be paired with a Teaching Assistant/ Peer Mentor (TA/PM). If you have a student in mind that you will like as your TA/PM, please have them apply for the position. Applications for TA/PM are currently open!
Part 1: General Information
- Project Title.
- Faculty Name & Department.
- Discipline areas of proposed research (please list all relevant areas in order of prominence).
- Resources (i.e. labs, computer resources, extra personnel, etc.) needed for project.
- Has the proposal been approved by the chair(s) with respect to resource utilization?
Part 2: Project Description
- Describe the topic and problem (question, or focus) of the proposed research.
- Describe the project design.
- Describe the research methods to be learned and employed?
- What are the expected learning and research outcomes?
- Outline your strategy to enable student success, especially for students new to research.
- Please upload an anticipated syllabus/plan for your summer research experience.
Part 3: Teaching Philosophy
- Describe your experience conducting undergraduate research.
- Outline your methodology in supporting student success, especially for students new to research.
- Indicate how students from different disciplines can contribute to the research project you are proposing.
Part 4: Resume/CV Upload
- Upload your resume/CV