Small Business Development Center Services
SBDCs help existing and new small business owners develop their management skills for a better chance at success. SBDCs provide confidential counseling at no charge and training programs in many business areas.
SBDCs offer free individual counseling for small businesses in the following areas:
- Accounting: including asset management and recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Finance: including ratio analysis, cash flow projections and sources of financing.
- Marketing: including pricing, advertising, promotion, market analysis and distribution.
- Operations: including production and inventory control, new product development and project management.
- New Venture Planning: including start-up information and general business counseling.
SBDCs offer low-cost workshops, conferences and courses geared to the needs of your business. Training programs range from advanced seminars aimed at experienced small business owners to introductory courses for those planning to start a business. Working with business professionals and other small business assistance organizations, SBDCs provide managers, owners, and potential owners with the tools to analyze and resolve business problems.
Through SBDC networks, businesses can also access assistance in the areas of procurement, international trade and technology
- BidLinx: Government contract Bid Matching Service.
- SBDC Research Network: Provides economic, demographic, regulatory data impacting small business.
- NYS Contract System for Minority & Woman-Owned Business Enterprises (MWBEs)