Student Employment Services posts and facilitates posting of non-professional, part-time or seasonal jobs. If you are looking to list a post-graduate, full-time job or an internship, please contact Geneseo’s Department of Career Development.
For off-campus employers:
Our office uses an online job posting platform called Handshake to connect students with employers. There are two ways you can post jobs on Handshake:
Use your existing Handshake Employer account or create one for yourself!
- This is the recommended option for employers who have a business email address. If you have only a generic email address (gmail.com, yahoo.com, aol.com, etc.) and not a work email address, then please move down to option two. To create a new account or log in to your existing one, please follow this link
- Handshake is user-friendly, and by creating your own account you have full access to view the profiles of any student applicants you receive whenever you want, as well as full ability to manage, add and remove job postings.
When you are posting under your employer account, make sure to specify that you want Geneseo students to see your posting. You can select Geneseo under “Colleges” in the “Preferences” tab.
Contact us with job details and we will post for you!
This option is recommended for individuals wishing to hire a student for odd jobs or for small businesses that don’t have a business email address. Handshake is not very compatible with generic email addresses, but we are happy to post the jobs for you and make sure applicant information is sent to you from Handshake.
Please send us an email with the following information
- Your phone number
- The full name of the person who you’d like contacted with information about applicants
- Detailed description of the job and its responsibilities, including salary
- List of requirements (special qualifications, number of hours, which days)
- Indication of application process - usually we have students apply through Handshake, and then send application your way (we can specify in Handshake if you’d like a resume, cover letter, or any other documents with their applications), but if you’d prefer to have them call you, email you or apply in person then please specify that!
For on-campus employers:
Please go to this Career Development page to learn more about how to use handshake as an on-campus employer.
Once you have your account and profile set up, you are free to post jobs whenever you like. However, if you are posting with your geneseo.edu account, ONLY post jobs that are on-campus and managed by SUNY Geneseo. If you are looking to hire students for odd jobs at home or otherwise, please refer to option 2 of the “For off-campus employers” section.
When posting jobs on Handshake, make sure you select “SUNY Geneseo” as an employer, and then the correct company division that you are hiring for. If you do not see your company division on the list, please refer to the Department of Career Development and they will help you out.
If you have any questions at all about posting jobs on-campus or off-campus, please do not hesitate to reach out to our office. We are part-time, but we have someone in the office every business day, so we will return your call or answer your email within a day or two. We are happy to help you with any of your hiring needs
The Student Employment Service does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, national origin, race, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status, as either disabled or of the Vietnam era, nor will the office knowingly cooperate with employers who do so.