- Guy A. Bailey Outstanding Biology Senior - Hannah King
- Robert A. Greene Service Award - Katherine Roche
- Leadership Award - Ooha Kambhampati
- Donald Michael Brown Scholarship - Rachel Powers
- Dr. Mark Diamond Memorial Research Award:
- Oral Presentation - Alexandra Glathar
- Poster Presentation - Hannah Loo
- Dr. Lucien A. Potenza Memorial Scholarship - Mckenzie Prunier
- Larry King Plant Science Award - Austin Lamb
- Larry King Scholarship - Thomas Hurysz
- Herman Forest Gaia Award - Ryan Colling
- A. Henry Latorella Genetics Award - Alexandra Dananberg
Guy Bailey Award for the Outstanding Biology Senior
1. Nominees will be selected from among the graduating seniors with the highest G.P.A. for coursework in Biology.
2. In addition to the Biology G.P.A. consideration will be given to:
a) election of biology coursework beyond the minimum required for the major,
b) strong performance in coursework in other sciences and mathematics beyond the minimum required for the major,
c) evidence of professional activity; such as, independent research either local or in a summer research program, presentation(s) at the local, regional or national level, publication(s).
Robert A. Greene Service Award
1. Nominees should be active participants and contributors to the Biology student clubs.
2. Nominees should participate in and contribute to departmental activities and functions; e.g. student representative to departmental committees, trips, mixers, service projects, etc.
3. There is no minimum G.P.A. requirement for nomination for the Greene Service Award.
Nominations can come from either faculty or the student organizations of the department.
1. Nominees should have a strong G.P.A. in their Biology coursework since they serve as role models for other students in the major.
2. Nominees should have served as officers in biology or campus organizations.
3. Nominees should have served the department as ULAs or ULIs.
4. Nominees may have demonstrated their leadership in other ways.
Nominations can come from either faculty or students of the department.
Lawrence J. King Plant Science Award
1. Nominees should have plans for a post-graduate career in the plant sciences.
2. Nominees should show evidence of their interest and ability in the plant sciences. This would include the number of plant based courses they have taken, the grades earned in those courses and any independent research in the plant sciences.
Nominations can come from any faculty or student (self nominations are acceptable).
Herman Forest Gaia Award (The Herman Forest Environmental Science Award)
Qualifications: Nominees should be a Biology/Biochemistry major or a Biology minor.
- Nominees should have plans for a post-graduate career in environmental science or management.
- Nominees should show evidence of their interest in environmental science and management.
- a. This should include projects/research done here that relate to environmental issues.
b. This may include their performance and number of courses that they have taken in ecological and environmental-related courses in biology or other departments.
c. This may include their activity in campus environmentally related clubs.
- Seniors will have preference.
A. Henry Latorella Genetics Award
Qualification: Nominees should be a Biology or Biochemistry major.
1. Nominees should have plans for a post-graduate career in genetics related fields.
2. Nominees should show evidence of their interest and ability in genetics. This includes the number of genetics related courses that they have taken, the grades earned in those courses and any independent research in the related field.
3. Seniors will have preference.
Nominations may come from the nomination committee or students may self-nominate.
Dr. Mark Diamond Memorial Research Awards (Oral Presentation and Poster Presentation)
Qualification: Nominees should be a Biology major selected on the basis of his/her independent research project by Biology faculty Supported by contribution from friends of Dr. Mark Diamond.
Jane and Arch Reid Endowed Scholarship
Qualification: Nominees must be a Biology major with Adolescent Ed certification pursuing a career as a biology teacher. Selection is made by the Biology Department. Endowed by Mrs. Jane Reid and her husband, the late Emeritus Professor Dr. Archibald Reid.
Dr. Lucien A. Potenza Memorial Scholarship
Qualifications: Nominees must be a senior student planning to attend medical school, in recognition of his/her outstanding academic achievement, leadership and community service. The fund is supported by colleagues, family, and friends.
Donald Michael Brown Science Scholarship
Qualifications: Nominees must be a prevet Science major (Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry) showing academic promise/success and demonstrating financial need. Awarded through a faculty nomination process and selection by the head of the three departments. Supported by an endowment established by Audrey Embling (1966) and her husband, Rev. Dr. Clyde H. Embling, in memory of their son-in-law who was a student at SUNY Geneseo with plans to pursue a degree in veterinary science.
Lawrence J. King Scholarship
Qualifications: Biology or Biochemistry outstanding sophomore or junior based on GPA. This is a rotating scholarship among Biology, Music and Art.