Group Visit Information
Thank you for your interest in bringing students to Geneseo. We would be happy to host you!
Please note that we require at least two weeks notice to accommodate group visits. Due to a large number of special groups that visit our campus, we are unable to provide transportation, housing, or food.
Planning and Scheduling
Group visitation programs offered through the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Geneseo are designed for high school students, specifically juniors and seniors, and college transfer students. We certainly applaud the efforts of early intervention programs and educators who are interested in exposing elementary or middle school students to college. However, to participate in our special groups program, students must be from a high school, college, or organization that caters to this age group. This is due to our resource constraints and our desire not to contribute to the college admissions frenzy, which can occur when introducing students to the college admissions process at such an early age. It is our belief that the best way to prepare elementary and middle school students for college is to assist them in building a solid academic foundation.
Planning well in advance and building some flexibility into your visit plan is the best way to ensure we can accommodate your group. Due to limited availability of staff and facilities, we cannot accommodate all requests. We ask that you contact us at least two weeks in advance so that we can provide you with the best service possible.
Reserving a Date and Time
Visit times are available on Tuesday through Thursday during the months of September, October, November, February, March, April and May (with some exceptions during holidays, school breaks, and on dates of large campus visit programs).
Please complete our group visit form at your earliest convenience, so that we may begin the process of coordinating your visit. Upon receipt of this form, a member of our staff will be in touch with you to organize your day. Should you have any questions you can contact us at either (866)245-5211 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preparing for Your Visit
- Make sure all students have permission to be out of class and are committed to the visit.
- If the number of visitors in your group changes after your visit is confirmed, please contact us in advance to confirm your total number.
- If your visit includes our walking tour, please inform us in advance if anyone has special needs.
- Encourage all in your group to wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the weather.
- Make sure your bus driver (or chaperone) has directions to Geneseo. Also they should know where to drop off the group, where to park, and where to pick up the group when the visit is over. Groups will receive driving directions, parking suggestions, and a campus map with their visit confirmation.
On the Day of Your Visit
- Arrive on time. If you are running late, please call our office toll free at (866)245-5211 so we can attempt to adjust your visit itinerary. Please realize that facilities and staff schedules are limited, particularly those of our current student tour guides. In the event of a late arrival, some of the scheduled activities may need to be canceled or shortened.
- Encourage your students to ask questions so that they get the most out of the visit.
- Ensure that everyone in your group is respectful of Geneseo students, staff, facilities, and personal property.
- Enjoy your time on campus!