Department of Art History Scholarships, Awards and Prizes
- All prospective students who, following an audition/interview taken prior to March 1, are admitted to the Department of Art History and meet the qualifications for any of the scholarships listed will automatically be considered.
- Prospective students who are offered scholarships will be notified shortly after April 1, and must accept their awards and admission to the college no later than May 1.
- Continuing students will be notified of their awards shortly after May 1.
- Merit Scholarships are awarded independent of financial need.
- Merit Scholarships are granted to both prospective and continuing students who demonstrate exceptional talent, artistic and academic achievement, and potential for growth.
- Merit Scholarships may be renewed depending on the specifications of each scholarship.
- Merit scholarships are credited toward tuition.
Performing Arts Awards
- Performing Arts Awards, separate from scholarships, are also granted independent of financial need. They are paid directly to graduating students chosen on the basis of exceptional talent and demonstrated achievement at Geneseo.
Art Scholarships and Awards
- Hubert and Gertrude Chanler Endowed Scholarships in the Arts
- Daniel A. Fink Scholarship
- Amy Glauner Memorial Scholarship
Pam Eder Memorial Art History Prize
The Pam Eder Memorial Art History Prize is awarded for the best paper presented during the Art History Symposium. The endowment for the prize comes from Pam Eder’s family. The Prize was first awarded in 2012.
Winners of the Pam Eder Prize
- Rachel Mhilstin
- Mercedes Simpson
- Theo Write-Honorable Mention
- Christine Grace-Honorable Mention
- 2020 - Prize was not awarded due to COVID-19 Pandemic
- 2019 – Victoria Elliott and Abigail Anderson
- 2018 – Savannah Williams
- 2017 – Olivia Morris
- 2016 – Emily Ercolano
- 2015 – Jacqueline Christensen
- 2014 – Lauren Slezak
- 2013 – Brandon Eng
- 2012 – Celeste Mahoney