Obtaining Housing as a New Student
Welcome to Geneseo! We're excited that you've decided to join our family. Below, we've outlined the process for obtaining on-campus housing as an incoming freshman or transfer student. If you're a returning student, please visit the returning student housing page.
New Students Fall 2018
Welcome to Geneseo! We are excited to welcome you to our campus. The first step to receive housing is to pay your housing deposit. Once your housing deposit is paid, a Housing Application will be made available to your Symplicity Account within 1-3 business days.
If you have already paid your deposit, please log into Symplicity (our Housing software) and view your application which will be located on your main home page. Please note that we will only communicate to your Geneseo email address.
Please remember that Housing deposits and Housing Applications are due June 1, 2018, however applications will be accepted after this date.
Please follow the New Student Housing Steps:
Step 1: Pay Your Housing Deposit
You can pay your $150 housing deposit online through your KnightWeb account, in person at the Student Accounts Office in Erwin Hall, or by telephone.
Directions for paying your housing deposit through KnightWeb:
- Access your KnightWeb account.
- Click on "Student" menu.
- Click on "Student Records".
- Click on "Pay Housing Deposit".
- Select "Credit Card" from the drop-down box.
- You should then be prompted to enter your credit card information and initiate your online housing deposit payment.
Information for Parents
In order to pay your student's housing deposit online, you will need log-in information. If your student has arranged for you to be an "authorized user" through the Student Accounts Office, you will be able to pay the housing deposit at go.geneseo.edu/deposit.
Other Ways to Pay
You can call the Student Accounts Office at (585) 245-5621 to pay your deposit by phone, or visit the Student Accounts Office in 103 Erwin Hall to pay in person.
Step 2: Complete your Housing Application
Within 1-3 business days of paying your housing deposit, your Roommate Preference Form (RPF) will be available to you through the Symplicity Residence software. Log into Symplicity using your Geneseo username and password, you will notice a blue box which reads "Get Started" with your housing application.
Step 3: Indicate Roommate Preference (Optional)
If you would like to share a room with a particular friend who is also a new Geneseo student, follow the roommate preference form instructions to submit a request to do so. The order in which new students are assigned to residence hall housing is determined by deposit dates, so unfortunately we cannot guarantee placement in your preferred housing or with your preferred roommate.
Housing assignments will be released starting at the end of July.
Housing Resources and Links
- Move-In Map Fall 2017 - This campus map includes all of our residence halls and academic buildings. You can report directly to your residence hall when you arrive!
- Orientation Web Page - This link will bring you to the website for Orientation and New Student Programs.
- Residence Halls & Living-Learning Communities - Going to Geneseo means diving into the full residential college experience and the many opportunities and life lessons that come with it. This Link contains information about the Housing Options Geneseo has to offer
- Symplicity Residence - This link will connect you to our Symplicity Residence housing software, where you can complete your housing application.
- Tesla House - This page contains information about our newly branded science-education based Living-Learning Community for first-year students in Monroe Hall.
- What to Bring - List of what to bring, what to leave home and room dimensions.
- Weeks of Welcome - From comedians to concerts to Late Knight events, the WOW schedule has it all!