As a student at SUNY Geneseo, you have developed strong communication skills and sophisticated means of finding information, conducting research, identifying issues, and solving problems. A job hunt is just an application of the skills you already have.
Whether you are at the very beginning of your career path or about to change direction after years in your field, the Department of Career Development is here to help! Please feel free to make an appointment with a career development professional in our office to discuss career exploration. Along with our physical resources in Erwin 116, we offer several excellent online career planning resources.
Use the links below to search for jobs by major, location and demographics. Consider alternative programs such as gap years and volunteer programs. When considering average and expected wages, use the Wage Calculator.
Geneseo Job Search Resources
- Student Employment Services
- Gap Year Programs
- Alternative Careers & Gap Year Options
Other Job Search Websites
- USAJobs: Offers information on thousands of U.S. government job opportunities worldwide. Also, visit Making the Difference for tips on navigating the federal hiring process.
- New York State Job Exchange: “You'll be able to search for jobs and related labor information about your career. By signing up you can create a resume, apply for jobs and have job listings sent to your email. ”
- Idealist – Action Without Borders: “Idealist connects people, organizations, and resources to help build a world where all people can live free and dignified lives. The best Nonprofit Career Center on the web, with thousands of job and internship listings.”
- Indeed: “Indeed is a search engine for jobs - with a radically different approach to job search. In one simple search, Indeed gives job seekers free access to millions of employment opportunities from thousands of websites.”
- Career Builder: “CareerBuilder has the largest online job site in the U.S., but we're more than just a job board. We are a global leader in human capital solutions.”
- Candid Career: "We are the premier provider of thousands of informational video interviews featuring industry professionals through an easy to use website. Our site is dedicated to providing the inside scoop on careers as well as advice that will give you an edge in your job search."
- College Recruiter: “The leading job board for college students searching for internships and recent graduates hunting for entry-level jobs and other career opportunities..”
- Glassdoor: “Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 84,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions — all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.”
- Career Bliss: “An all-inclusive resource that provides millions of salary information, thousands of company reviews and ratings, and over 3 million job postings. Be sure to take the free BlissFinder Assessment test and read up on the latest career news and trends.”
- LinkedIn: "Manage your professional identity. Build and engage with your professional network. Access knowledge, insights and opportunities'
- Monster: "Create an account and upload your resume to be found by the recruiters who search Monster's databases every day."
- SimplyHired: "Search for job opportunities across the United States on Simply Hired. Browse by job category, city, state, employer and more"
Interfolio: The premier online placement file/portfolio management service, is an easy and affordable way for a student to send materials to graduate and professional schools or to prospective employers. Interfolio's online system allows you to build an online portfolio: a complete file of all your credentials. Documents that can be stored in your online interfolio account can include, but are not limited to:
- Confidential letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae/Resumes
- Writing samples
- Dissertation abstracts
- Teaching portfolio documents
- Supervising teacher evals
- Student & peer evaluations
- Unofficial transcripts
Call at 585-245-5722 or email at email@example.com if you have questions about interfolio or for help to set up an account.