As a student at SUNY Geneseo, you have developed strong communication skills and sophisticated means of finding information, conducting research, identifying issues, and solving problems. A job hunt is just an application of the skills you already have.
Whether you are at the very beginning of your career path or about to change direction after years in your field, the Department of Career Development is here to help! Please feel free to make an appointment with a career development professional in our office to discuss career exploration. Along with our physical resources in Erwin 116, we offer several excellent online career planning resources.
Use the links below to search for jobs by major, location, and demographics. Consider alternative programs such as gap years and volunteer programs. When considering average and expected wages, use the Wage Calculator.
Recognizing the need for more systematic, practical tools for online job hunters, CareerShift was created to help job seekers successfully navigate the published and hidden job market to find career opportunities. Job seekers can find employment more quickly and conveniently. With CareerShift's robust company and contact database, users can find current job connections and make meaningful new connections.
For more exploration, resources like this one visit our online resources.
Geneseo Job Search Resources
- Student Employment Services
- Gap Year Programs
- Alternative Careers & Gap Year Options
Other Job Search Websites
- USAJobs: Offers information on thousands of U.S. government job opportunities worldwide. Also, visit Making the Difference for tips on navigating the federal hiring process.
- New York State Job Exchange: Search for jobs and related labor information about your career. "By signing up, you can create a resume, apply for jobs, and have job listings sent to your email. ”
- Idealist – Action Without Borders: This Nonprofit Career Center connects people, organizations, and resources to "help build a world where all people can live free and dignified lives.
- Indeed: Indeed provides job seekers free access to millions of employment opportunities from thousands of websites.
- Career Builder: CareerBuilder is an online U.S. job site that gives users access to thousands of career opportunities.
- Candid Career: Provides thousands of informational video interviews featuring industry professionals. The site provides the inside scoop on careers as well as advice that can give you an edge in your job search.
- College Recruiter: A job board for college students searching for internships and recent graduates seeking entry-level jobs and other career opportunities.
- Glassdoor: Glassdoor is your free inside look at thousands of companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions — all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
- Career Bliss: A comprehensive resource that provides salary information, company reviews and ratings, and over 3 million job postings. Be sure to take the free BlissFinder Assessment test and read up on the latest career news and trends.
- LinkedIn: Manage your professional identity. Build and engage with your professional network: access knowledge, insights, and opportunities.
- Monster: "Create an account and upload your resume to be found by the recruiters who search Monster's databases every day."
- SimplyHired: "Search for job opportunities across the United States on "Simply Hired." Browse by job category, city, state, employer, and more."
Interfolio: The premier online placement file/portfolio management service is an easy and affordable way for a student to send materials to graduate and professional schools or prospective employers. Interfolio's online system allows you to build an online portfolio: a complete file of all your credentials. Documents stored in your online Interfolio account can include, but are not limited to:
- Confidential letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae/Resumes
- Writing samples
- Dissertation abstracts
- Teaching portfolio documents
- Supervising teacher evals
- Student & peer evaluations
- Unofficial transcripts
Contact Career Development at (585) 245-5721 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.