CIT Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
In Computing & Information Technology, we advocate DEI practices by:
- Bringing sustained, intentional effort to this essential work and integrating it into all aspects of our department
- Providing an inclusive work environment where all members of CIT can thrive and learn from each other
- Ensuring equitable treatment, promoting access to opportunity and advancement, and removing barriers to success
- Embracing diversity and perspectives that support a culture of trust and accountability
- Building a diverse workforce that cultivates excellence, collaboration, and innovation
- Establishing search committees that are diverse and inclusive in their demographics, characteristics, and expertise
- Advertising employment opportunities using inclusive language to diverse populations
- Promoting participation in professional development and learning opportunities in racial justice topics
- Demonstrating our commitment within the higher education IT community
- Double our participation in the Advancing Cultural Competency Certificate (ACCC) program.
- 100% compliance with Safe Zone training
- Review and correct the language used within Self Help documentation to ensure language appropriate for a campus prioritizing DEI issues.
- Expand advertising for student employment opportunities to BIPOC and LGBTQ+ students.
- Establish a connection and regular meetings with the Student Association (SA) focused on DEI issues to determine how CIT can improve services.
- Analyze MISO survey data to understand how racial and gender identity information impacts community experiences with our services.
- Participate in the Educause CIO’s Commitment on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.