Ed Tech Events
The Ed Tech Team is offering several live events this semester. Visit their website!
The Online Teaching Institute will run October 1 - December 4. This institute introduces technology and course design fundamentals selected by SUNY Geneseo to meet the Provost’s directive for online course instruction. The Geneseo Course Readiness Checklist Is the baseline for all course design elements. The emphasis of the institute will be on the design of a future online course. If you would like to join the fall institute, please contact Laurie Fox.
Microsoft Teams is a workspace for real-time collaboration and communication, meetings, file and app sharing, and even the occasional emoji! All in one place, all in the open, all accessible to everyone.
SUNY CPD offered a training series on Microsoft Applications in Spring 2021. These recordings should be available until sometime in November 2021.
- L100 - Microsoft Teams Chat and Meetings Training - starts at 6:50 mark
- L200 - Microsoft Teams Channels & Files Training - starts at 4:15 mark
CIT would be happy to work with your departments to set up new Teams. Ask CIT! Call, chat, or submit a request and we'll be happy to assist you.
CIT Tech Days
Our 1st Annual Virtual CIT Tech Days, a virtual mini-conference offering interesting and informative 50-minute sessions, was held June 1-11. Visit the link below for more information and session recordings.
Self-Paced Online Teaching Resources
These resources are available to assist faculty with learning more about teaching online with Canvas.
- Academic Continuity Canvas course https://canvas.geneseo.edu/courses/18206
- Syllabus Design at Geneseo Canvas course https://canvas.geneseo.edu/courses/13319
- Chronicle Advice Guide -- How to Be a Better Online Teacher https://www.chronicle.com/interactives/advice-online-teaching
- Canvas Video Guides https://community.canvaslms.com/community/answers/guides/video-guide
- Canvas Basics Guides https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10745-canvas-basics-table-of-contents
- Canvas Instructor Guides - Table of Contents https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10460-canvas-instructor-guide-table-of-contents
- Canvas Student Guides - Table of Contents https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10701-canvas-student-guide-table-of-contents
- Canvas Notifications https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-17322-canvas-notifications-pdf
Our instructional designers are available to help with topics that are individualized to your pedagogy and courses. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request personalized assistance with the following:
- Student Grade Visibility Flowchart https://tr-learncanvas.s3.amazonaws.com/docs/Student+Grade+Visibility+Flowchart.pdf
- Anything above you’re not comfortable with (or want to know more about)
LinkedIn Learning: Self-Paced Online Training
Geneseo students, faculty and staff have FREE access to the entire LinkedIn Learning training library (over 7,500 courses, and more are added every week) through Geneseo's site license. For more information, visit this wiki page.
CIT is available to tailor a training class for faculty in your department who want to learn together! To request a personalized workshop, submit a request.
Please contact Laurie Fox if you have any questions or suggestions for future workshops.