CIT is available to tailor a training class for faculty in your department who want to learn together! To request a personalized workshop, submit a request.
Please contact Laurie Fox if you have any questions or suggestions for future workshops.
Self-Paced Online Teaching Resources
These resources are available to assist faculty with learning more about teaching online with Canvas.
- Academic Continuity Canvas course https://canvas.geneseo.edu/courses/18206
- Syllabus Design at Geneseo Canvas course https://canvas.geneseo.edu/courses/13319
- Chronicle Advice Guide -- How to Be a Better Online Teacher https://www.chronicle.com/interactives/advice-online-teaching
- Canvas Video Guides https://community.canvaslms.com/community/answers/guides/video-guide
- Canvas Basics Guides https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10745-canvas-basics-table-of-contents
- Canvas Instructor Guides - Table of Contents https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10460-canvas-instructor-guide-table-of-contents
- Canvas Student Guides - Table of Contents https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10701-canvas-student-guide-table-of-contents
- Canvas Notifications https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-17322-canvas-notifications-pdf
Our instructional designers are available to help with topics that are individualized to your pedagogy and courses. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request personalized assistance with the following:
- Student Grade Visibility Flowchart https://tr-learncanvas.s3.amazonaws.com/docs/Student+Grade+Visibility+Flowchart.pdf
- Anything above you’re not comfortable with (or want to know more about)
LinkedIn Learning: Self-Paced Online Training
Geneseo students, faculty and staff have FREE access to the entire LinkedIn Learning training library (over 7,500 courses, and more are added every week) through Geneseo's site license. For more information, visit this wiki page.