Simple Directions for Pass/Fail Options

You must request pass-fail grading for courses and be approved.The approval is not automatic. The dean's office will deny pass-fail grading for courses in your major, minor, concentration OR related requirements for your major.  You will also be denied if your request exceeds four courses taken with pass-fail grading on your whole transcript (not including Spring 2020). 

While students may request pass-fail grading until the last day of classes of any term, turn-around on approvals may be delayed at the end of the term if the volume of requests is large.

You can elect pass-fail grading here.

The request form looks like this.  Click "Request P/F" to submit your request. Classes that are already "S/U" graded are not eligible for P/F.

How to select PF grading through Knightweb at SUNY Geneseo