About the Series
Cultivating Community draws on mindful dialogue and creative thinking as tools through which we can learn, understand, connect, and grow. Each dialogue provides participants an opportunity to give voice to their experiences, learn from others, share innovative ideas, and explore new possibilities.
- Speak from the “I” perspective
- Avoid generalizations
- Be willing to ask important questions, even if difficult
- Be open to new perspectives and innovative possibilities
- Listen carefully
- Assume others have good intentions
- Allow participants to revise statements
- Honor confidentiality
- Agree to disagree and look for areas of common ground
- Consider conflict a potential catalyst for growth
Join Us on Zoom
Cultivating OurGeneseo: Where We Belong and Long to Be
As we lean into our revised mission and values, please join us in conversation about belonging’s transformative potential for each of us and for our community.
When: Wednesday, September 29, 2021 from 2:30-3:45pm
Wednesday, December 1, 2021 from 2:30-3:45pm
Join us on Canvas
To participate asynchronously or to continue the conversation.
To share topic ideas or suggestions for improvement
Meredith Harrigan, professor of communication, and series co-coordinator
Phone: (585) 245-6331
robbie routenberg, chief diversity officer, and series co-coordinator
Phone: (585) 245-5020