Cost of Attendance
Academic Year 2022-23
The cost of attendance is the total estimate of direct costs for enrollment as a full-time student at SUNY Geneseo. It is NOT your actual bill. Actual costs may vary depending on living arrangements, selected meal plan and course load.
The total cost of attendance includes both direct (billed) costs and indirect (non-billed) expenses such as books, personal and transportation. It is used when determining financial aid eligibility. Indirect expenses are estimated to be approximately $3500 for the 2022-23 academic year.
Estimated costs for the next academic year will be available in December.
The student billing notice is calculated based on the direct costs for the semester. Fall bills are typically sent to students in early July and are due on August 1st. Spring bills are generated in November and are due on January 1st. For billing and payment information, visit the Student Accounts Office website.
Note: First-year students are required to have a notebook computer. If you wish to purchase a laptop from Geneseo or elsewhere, this cost could be added to your total cost of attendance. You will be referred to a private education loan to cover the cost. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid for more information.
Undergraduate, NYS Resident, Living On or Off-Campus
* Based on the Knight500 meal plan for students living on-campus. Commuter meal plans are available for off-campus students.
1. For students living off campus, these are estimated costs for rent and food. Actual costs will vary based on living situation.
Undergraduate, Non-NYS Resident, Living On or Off-Campus
* Based on the Knight500 meal plan for students living on-campus. Commuter meal plans are available for off-campus student
1. Not billed if living off-campus
Undergraduate, NYS Resident, Living with Parent(s)/Commuter
Graduate, NYS Resident, Living Off-Campus
* Commuter meal plans are available for off-campus students