Benefits & Rewards
Welcome to the State University of New York at Geneseo! Geneseo offers talented and dedicated employees a vibrant and welcoming work environment encouraging professional growth and cultural enrichment. Geneseo is more than a place to work. We're a community. As an employee at SUNY Geneseo, you are provided with a very competitive and comprehensive set of benefits. Generally, these benefits include:
- Health insurance/prescription coverage
- Dental and vision insurances
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Retirement plans & tax-deferred programs
- Time off - Vacation, holiday and sick leave accruals
- Sweeteners! Employee Perks and Programs
It is important to realize that your benefits package is determined by the specifics of your employment relationship. Below you will find essential employment forms and information that describes your benefits as a new employee. If you haven't already been contacted by Human Resources & Payroll Services to schedule your new employee benefits meeting, please give us a call! There are important forms required to be completed within 3 business days of your employment with us here.
SUNY Policies & Union Contract Information for New Employees
- SUNY Geneseo Mission Statement, Values and Goals
- NYS Employee Resources
- State University of New York Website
- Public Officers Law PDF
- Information and Resources from the SUNY Board of Trustees
- New York State-Union Contracts
- A Plain Language Guide to the State's Ethics Laws
Onboarding for New Employees
How do I get to SUNY Geneseo and where can I park?
Do I need a parking permit? If so, how do I get one?
How do I get an email account?
Your department (supervisor or department administrative assistant) will assist you with this. They will request a Geneseo account for you that will give you access to email, calendar, and the Google suite.
How do I get a telephone number?
Your department (supervisor or department administrative assistant) will help you with this too! https://www.geneseo.edu/cit/telephone
How do I set up my mobile device at Geneseo?
my.geneseo.edu is Geneseo's customizable, web-based information portal. Resources such as email, time accruals, KnightWeb, campus news and events and more are found here.
New Employee Required Forms
Please electronically complete and electronically sign the forms in this DocuSign New Hire Packet on or before your first day of employment or paychecks can be delayed. The link to the DocuSign New Hire Packet will allow you to complete the new employee required forms electronically and to sign electronically. Please read the instructions on the first page before you begin. You will need to designate an authorized representative (friend, family member, or supervisor) to complete the I-9 form in this electronic forms packet. I can help you with any questions you may have! If you could complete this list of forms prior to our benefits meeting, that will help make our call more focused on your benefits package.
If you need to complete a paper version of the required forms, links to the forms are below. These forms should be completed on or before your first day of employment with is. It is required that you complete the Employment Eligibility Form I-9 on your first day of work for pay and must be completed in full within 3 business days from your start date.
- Employee Information Form
- Employment Eligibility Form I-9 (Additional documentation is required. Lists of acceptable documents is listed on page nine.)
- Background Release
- Oath of Office
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Federal Withholding Form W-4
- NYS Withholding Form IT-2104
- Direct Deposit - A voided check is required
- Direct Deposit Re-Activation Form
(for returning employees whose account information has not changed)
- Employee Policies Overview Checklist
- (Optional) Invitation to Self-Identify for Veterans
- (Optional) Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
- Long Term Disability Waiver Request Form (UUP and MC Professional)
- Holiday Waiver (Classified Service Only)
Introduction to New York State Payroll
- Introduction to Getting Paid by NYS
- FAQs - Direct Deposit Program
- SUNY Geneseo Faculty and Staff Payroll Calendars
- Ways to Give - Payroll Deduction for SUNY Geneseo Employees (scroll down to Payroll Deduction for SUNY Geneseo Employees, click on online service)
Medical Insurance (Health, Dental & Vision) and Retirement
- Information for Unclassified Service Employees
(includes United University Professionals - UUP - and Management Confidential Professional - MC)
- Information for Classified Service Employees & Graduate Student Employees Union
(includes CSEA, PEF, GSEU, PBANYS, NYSCOPBA, and Management Confidential Classified- MC)
- SUNY Employee Discounts
- PERKS Program
- Perks at Work (To join, use either "SUNY2015" or "sunycp" as the access code.)
- Plum Benefits (Use code "SUNY518" to enroll.)
- My Better Benefits (Access the savings by using the passcode "SUNYBENEFITS".)
- SUNY Employee Benefits & Discounts Search Tool
- NYS Work-Life Services
- Flex Spending Account Information
- WellNYS Everyday
- SUNY Geneseo Workout Center
- Geneseo Knights Sports & Recreation
- Limelight and Accents Performing Series
- Campus Auxiliary Services - Dining, Bookstores, Vending, & Employee ID Services
- SUNY Geneseo Federal Credit Union
- SUNY Geneseo Duplicating Center
- SUNY Geneseo Programs (Full Printable Listing)
Workplace Policies and Procedures
- Workers' Compensation
- Ethics Policies
- Computing and Network Access Policies
- Crime and Campus Safety - Your Right to Know
- Discrimination Complaint Procedure
- Alcohol & Substance Abuse in the Workplace
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Internal Control
- Mandatory Child Sexual Abuse Reporting & Prevention
- NYS Paid Family Leave
- Sexual Harassment
- Workplace Violence and Prevention Policy