- Parking Permit Cost - Students
- Full Academic Year (August - August): $120.00
- Fall Semester Only (August - December): $62.50
- Spring Semester Only (January - May): $62.50
- Summer Sessions Only (May - August): $25.00
- Part-time Students (per semester): $6.00 per credit hour (11 credit hours or less)
- Secondary/Replacement Permits: $7.25 each (can only have one vehicle on campus at a time)
- Veterans: Do not pay the $7.25 registration fee
- As the academic year progresses, the price for student parking is periodically decreased - please call to confirm the current price.
- Summer student employee parking: there are a number of different departments, unions, and programs that hire students to work over the summer. Permit types and prices are dependent on who you are working for, when you're working, and where you're working. Please contact our office directly for more information.
- Parking Permit Cost - Faculty & Staff
Category First Vehicle Additional vehicle(s) UUP, PEF, NYSCOPBA, PBA, & all other non-CSEA or non-MC faculty/staff $7.25 $7.25 each CSEA $5.60 $5.60 each MC $25.00 $7.25 each CAS, LIVES, OPWDD Primary vehicle paid for by agency $7.25 each Reserved Lots W & LL $155.60, $157.25, or $175.00 based on union $7.25 or $5.60 each based on union
Note: beginning July 2021, motorcycle permits will cost the same as a vehicle.
Buy a Parking Decal - What You Need
- Valid vehicle registration - students may only register a vehicle that they or a family member owns or leases (no friends, significant others, roommates, etc.)
- Valid SUNY Geneseo ID
- Mastercard, Visa, Discover, cash, check/money order payable to SUNY Geneseo
- All outstanding tickets must be paid in full before purchasing a new decal
How to Purchase
- Purchase through AIMS web
- Mastercard or Visa
- Mastercard, Visa, Discover, cash, check/money order made payable to SUNY Geneseo
- Located in Schrader Hall, Room 19
- Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Check/money order only
- Student Vehicle Registration Form - you will get an email letting you know when your permit is ready to be picked up
- Faculty & Staff Registration Form - you will get your permit via campus mail to the address listed in the employee directory unless a self-addressed, stamped envelope is included
- Permits are not valid until properly affixed to your vehicle - laying the permit on the dash, affixing it on the wrong side of the car or taping it to the window will result in a parking ticket
- Apply to clean, DRY glass as far back on the drivers side as possible
- Click here for a visual of where to affix the permit
Free temporary permits are available 24/7/365 in Schrader 19. Faculty, staff, and students are limited to seven business days of free temporary parking per year. Secondary vehicles parked on campus beyond a total of seven (7) business days are required to have a permanent parking decal, which are available for a nominal fee.
Visitors should obtain a temporary parking permit from Schrader 19, or see the Visitor Parking section for more information.
Lost, misplaced or stolen decals must be reported immediately to Parking & Transportation Services. There is a replacement fee. A decal reported lost, misplaced or stolen but later found must be returned to Parking & Transportation Services.