Skip to main content

Parking Decals and Temporary Permits

Parking decals are:

  • Required to park in all parking lots
  • Valid until the stated expiration date while the registrant remains enrolled/employed at the College
  • To be affixed to the exterior of the driver's side rear SIDE window in accordance with the instructions provided on the back of the permit
  • NOT transferable to any other vehicle

Lost, misplaced or stolen decals must be reported immediately to Parking & Transportation Services. There is a replacement fee. A decal reported lost, misplaced or stolen but later found must be returned to Parking & Transportation Services.

Buy a Parking Decal

What You Need

  • Valid vehicle registration - students may only register a vehicle that he or she or a family member owns or leases (no friends, significant others, roommates, etc.)
  • Valid SUNY Geneseo ID
  • Mastercard, Visa, Discover, cash, check/money order payable to SUNY Geneseo
  • All outstanding tickets must be paid in full before purchasing a new decal

How to Purchase


  • Purchase through AIMS web
  • Orders take at least 24 hours to process - if you need a permit today you need to purchase it in person in our office
  • Mastercard or Visa
  • Online permits are available starting July 1, 2019
  • Students may opt to have permits mailed to their home address (must be ordered online July 1st through August 9th, includes $0.75 surcharge for mailing)

In Person

  • Mastercard, Visa, Discover, cash, check/money order made payable to SUNY Geneseo
  • Located in Schrader Hall, Room 19
  • Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm
  • You will get your permit at the time of purchase

Snail Mail

  • Check/money order only
  • Student Vehicle Registration Form - you will get an email letting you know when your permit is ready to be picked up, it will not be mailed to you
  • Faculty & Staff Registration Form - you will get your permit via campus mail to the address listed in the employee directory unless a self-addressed, stamped envelope is included

Decal Placement

  • Permits are not valid until properly affixed to your vehicle - laying the permit on the dash, affixing it on the wrong side of the car or taping it to the window will result in a parking ticket
  • Apply to clean, DRY glass as far back on the drivers side as possible
  • Click here for a visual of where to affix the permit

Temporary Permits


Temporary permits are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week in Schrader Hall, Room 19.


Secondary vehicles parked on campus beyond a total of seven (7) business days are required to have a permanent parking decal, which are available for a nominal fee.

Parking Decal Cost


  • Full Academic Year (August - August): $120.00
  • Fall Semester Only (August - December): $62.50
  • Spring Semester Only (January - May): $62.50
  • Summer Sessions Only (May - August): $25.00
  • Part-time Students (per semester): $6.00 per credit hour (11 credit hours or less)
  • Motorcycles: free if registered as a secondary vehicle (see pricing above if primary vehicle)
  • Secondary/Replacement Permits: $7.00 each (can only have one vehicle on campus at a time)
  • Veterans: Do not pay the $7.00 registration fee 

Please note:

  • As the academic year progresses, the price for student parking is periodically decreased - please either call to confirm the current price before writing a check or send an alternate payment option.

Faculty & Staff

  • UUP, MC, PEF, NYSCOPBA, PBA & all other non-CSEA faculty/staff: $7.00
  • CSEA: $5.35
  • CAS, LIVES, OPWDD: Primary vehicle paid for by agency
  • Reserved Lots W & LL: $157.00 or $155.35 based on union
  • Motorcycles: Free if registered as a secondary vehicle or see pricing above if primary vehicle
  • Secondary/Replacement Permits: $7.00 or $5.35 based on union (can only have one vehicle on campus at a time)

Summer Parking

Students attending classes during summer sessions may park in student lots with a properly displayed parking decal. Summer session parking decals are $25.00.

There are a number of different departments, unions, and programs that hire students to work over the summer. Permit types and prices are dependent on who you are working for, when you're working, and where you're working. Please contact our office directly for more information.

Visitor Parking

Please refer to the Visitor Parking section.