Skip to main content

What Can I Study?

As an exchange student at SUNY Geneseo, you may enroll in any course for which you have successfully completed the equivalent of the pre-requisite course(s) as long as there are available seats.

Ideally, you should begin exploring course options at least 6-9 months before you plan to study at SUNY Geneseo.  This will give you time to work with your home campus to determine whether and how courses will transfer to your home university.

To begin browsing courses, please go to KnightWeb.

  • Select a term (If the term, fall or spring, and year you intend to study at SUNY Geneseo is not yet available, browse the course offerings for the most recent year of that same term, fall or spring).
  • Select a subject or multiple subjects.
  • Click "Get Classes."
  • You will see a list of all courses offered in that term for that subject.  Click on the Course Number ("Crse") and click "View Catalog Entry" to read information about the course, including any pre-requisite requirements.

The official list of courses for a future semester is usually made available:

  • Mid-October for the upcoming Spring semester 
  • Mid-March for the upcoming Fall semester

After being nominated for exchange by your home campus, you should submit a list of preferred and alternate courses in your online application.  Once the list of courses for your intended semester becomes available, use the KnightWeb system to find preferred and alternate courses.  Additional instructions will be provided when you reach this point in the application process.

Please contact our office, by email at or by calling us at +1-585-245-5546, if you require any assistance.