Employees and volunteer employees at the State University of New York at Geneseo (SUNY Geneseo) are required to possess a SUNY Geneseo College Identification Card. The identification card contains a photograph of the employee/volunteer. Identification cards are provided for appropriate use of identification and access to services. The card is not transferable and is valid only as long as the card holder continues his/her education, employment, or holds appropriate retiree status with the College. Any misuse, alteration or fabrication of the card may subject the holder to disciplinary action by the college.
Photo identification cards will be issued to all employees, volunteer employee, emeriti, and retirees by the Campus Auxiliary Services, Inc. (CAS). The holder may be required to show the card for College purposes on demand.
- Upon completion of all pre-employment paperwork, an identification data card will be issued by the Human Resources Office to new employees and/or volunteers.
- It is the individual’s responsibility to present the data card to Campus Auxiliary Services staff in Blake A and to have a picture taken for a permanent identification card.
- Lost cards must be reported to Campus Auxiliary Services, Inc. There will be a replacement charge.
- Employees and volunteer employees separating from service must return their Identification Cards to the College using the standard Separation Sign-off Form procedure.
Emeriti and Retirees
Emeriti and retirees will receive an identification data card from the Human Resources office with their retirement benefit letter. The data card must be taken to Campus Auxiliary Services, Inc. to have a picture taken for the permanent emeriti or retiree identification card.
Campus Auxiliary Services, Inc. is responsible for the production of ID cards for the campus. The pictures are computer generated and images retained on software in the CAS Offices Images will be provided to other on-campus departments under the following guidelines:
- The Dean of Students shall have access to individual photos of students.
- Academic Faculty: Student photographs are provided exclusively for the purpose of helping faculty members familiarize themselves with their class rosters. Images provided should not be copied to any separate electronic or print publication without the express written consent of the student.
- Other Campus Departments; CAS will provide individual photos of a specific student to offices upon request as long as there is a legitimate business related reason and upon explicit written authorization by the President or the Vice President for Student and Campus Life or designee.
- No other campus individual or entity will be provided access to this information. Use of ID photos for purposes other than those listed above is prohibited without explicit permission from the President or the Vice President for Student and Campus Life.
- Campus Auxiliary Services will provide individual photos of employees to the Assistant Vice President for Human Resources for use in official College business. Use of ID photos for other purposes is prohibited without explicit permission from the President or the Assistant Vice President for Human Resources.
- General ID USE Policy
- Images provided should not be copied to any separate electronic or print publication without the express written consent of the student or the employee (as applicable).
- Photographs will be provided for purposes as stated above and for no other reasons.
Frequency of Review and Update
Date of Approval