Psychology Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REUs)
Lists of Psychology REUs
STEM Summer Research
National Science Foundation Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Research opportunities for undergraduate students, especially women and underrepresented groups. Ten or so undergraduates work in the research programs of the host institution in the U.S or foreign locale. Each student is associated with a specific research project, where she/he works closely with the faculty and other researchers. Students are generally provided with a modest stipend, housing, transportation to and from the site, and often arrangements for food. Application opens in December and closes in February (approximately).
- Amgen Foundation Scholars Program Provides undergraduates with the opportunity to engage in hands-on research experiences at some of the world's leading educational institutions during the summer to increase learning and networking opportunities for students committed to pursuing science or engineering careers. U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Undergraduate sophomores (with four quarters or three semesters of college experience), juniors or non-graduating seniors (who are returning in the fall to continue undergraduate studies). Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.2 or above and an interest in pursuing a Ph.D. or M.D.-Ph.D. Application opens November 1 and closes February 1.
- Research Internships in Science and Engineering (DAAD RISE) Germany offers undergraduate students from North American, British and Irish universities the opportunity to complete a summer research internship at top German universities and research institutions. Students are matched with a host university or institute according to their area of interest (biology, chemistry, physics, earth sciences, engineering, or a closely related field). DAAD provides students a monthly stipend for three months to help cover living expenses. Host universities, universities of applied sciences, and institutes provide housing assistance and match students with Ph.D. student mentors or researchers (only UAS). German language is not required and the working language will be in English. Application closes November 30.
- Ernest F. Hollings Undergraduate Scholarship Hollings Scholarship provides NOAA research experience through a 10-week summer internship, financial support for conference attendance, and professional development. This award offers up to $40,000 in support for two years to undergraduate students at accredited academic institutions majoring in NOAA-mission fields. Have and maintain a declared major in a discipline including, but not limited to: oceanic, environmental, biological, and atmospheric sciences, mathematics, engineering, remote sensing technology, computer and information science, physical and social sciences including geography, physics, hydrology, geomatics, or teacher education that support NOAA's programs and mission.
- Oak Ridge National Laboratories (ORNL) ORNL undergraduate research opportunities address ORNL’s scientific mission: materials, neutron sciences, energy, high-performance computing, systems biology, and national security. Explore the opportunities and apply today for a high-impact internship experience. Application deadlines vary by program.
For more information and assistance with these STEM summer research applications, contact Michael Mills, Director of National Fellowships and Scholarships.
- The University of Rochester expects to offer five REU programs in Summer 2024 and they may be of interest to Physics, Astronomy, Chemistry, Math, Data Science, Psychology, and Neuroscience majors.
Check back for new REU opportunities.