Community Engagement: Aging
Avon Nursing Home
- Website: www.avonnursinghome.com
- Contact: Activities Director, Amy Lynch, 585-226-2225
- Address: 215 Clinton Street, Avon, NY 14414
- Volunteer Opportunities: Students are welcomed to visit individually with residents or groups of students for sing-alongs, bingo, card games, etc.
Faith in Action
- Mission: The agency brings volunteers of different faiths together to care for their homebound neighbors who may be isolated and living with chronic health conditions or disabilities.
- Website: http://aboutcclc.org/
- Address: 34 East State Street, Mt. Morris, NY 14510
- Contact: Jessica Pierce 585-658-4466 Ext 18, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer Opportunities: Help elderly in their homes with housekeeping, yard work, grocery shopping. Provides respite Care for family members.
Livingston County Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Contact: Kim Kavanaugh, Activities Director, 585-243-7222 or email@example.com
- Address: 11 Murray Hill Drive, Mt. Morris, NY 14510
- Web Site: http://www.livingstoncounty.us/index.aspx?NID=149
- Volunteer Opportunities: Accompanying residents on walks; Assist activity staff with programs; Friendly visits; Playing cards/board games;Provide instrumental and/or vocal talent; Read to residents;Teaching painting, music, writing, computer use, etc.
Livingston County Office for the Aging
- Mission: To initiate, coordinate, and deliver programs and services that improve the quality of life for our area senior citizens by assisting them in remaining independent and living at home as long as possible.
- Website: http://www.co.livingston.state.ny.us/Index.aspx?NID=133
- Contact: Sue Davin, 585-243-7520 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 3 Murray Hill Drive, Mt. Morris, NY 14510
- Volunteer Opportunities: Volunteers help at senior nutrition sites;Fundraisers for meals on wheels programs for the elderly
- *The Daily Hello Caller program gives students the opportunity to be paired with senior citizens and call the seniors a few times a week to ensure the senior's needs are being met and to provide a valuable social interaction, contact Clara Dale at email@example.com
St. Ann's Community
- Program Description: Long term care facility and adult day service.
- Website: www.stannscommunity.com
- Contact: Barbara Joyce 585-697-6523, firstname.lastname@example.org and Judy DeLucia 585-697-6727, email@example.com
- Address: 1500 Portland Avenue • Rochester, New York 14621 (locations in Irondequoit and Webster)
- Volunteer Opportunities: Serving the elderly through long-term or short-term projects with rehabilitation services and therapy. Projects include fundraising, working at on-site cafe, crafts, and special events.
- Website: www.tereseahouse.org
- Contact: Peter Brandt, 585-243-1978
- Address: 21 Highland Rd, Geneseo, NY 14454
- Program Description: A volunteer-powered Hospice program that provides round-the-clock comfort and caring for people in their last three months of life.
- Volunteer Opportunities: Volunteers spend time with residents and their families in a variety of ways including reading and watching TV with residents, physical and emotional care for residents as well as answering phone and preparing small meals
RSVP of Livingston County
- Website: RSVP of Livingston County (Facebook)
- Contact: 585-369-4294
- Address: 3 Murray Hill, Mt. Morris, NY 14510
- Program Description: The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) of Livingston County is now located in the Office for the Aging - Room 272!
Livingston County Historical Society and Museum