Community Engagement: Animals
Begin Again Horse Rescue
- Mission: To provide a safe environment for unwanted, neglected and "at-risk" horses in order to prevent as many as possible from suffering or going to slaughter. We rehabilitate them when possible and find "permanent-lease" homes for them. We also promote non-cruelty to animals by focusing efforts on raising awareness and providing information to the public concerning the nature and proper care of horses, and the plight these animals face.
- Website: beginagainrescue.org
- Address: 2828 State Route 15A (Plank Road), Lima, NY 1448
- Contact: Mrs. Kirk Miller, 585-322-2427 or email email@example.com
- Volunteer Opportunities: Cleaning barn/stalls, feeding horses, grooming, filling water tanks, fixing fences
- Additional Information: Shifts generally run 9am-1pm on Saturdays; feeding begins at 9am, general tasks begin at 10am typically and tasks wrap up around 1pm
Humane Society of Livingston County
- Mission: The Humane Society of Livingston County, through education and caring, will work toward eliminating abuse and over-population of animals and aid in the prevention of suffering within our community
- Website: https://www.adoptapet.com/humane-society-of-livingston-county/
- Contact: Jean Hoeve, 585-234-2828
- Volunteer Opportunities: Help with fundraising for future shelter
Nuts for Mutts Rescue
- Mission: To rescue, provide sanctuary, and obtain medical care, through licensed veterinarians, to ultimately re-home abandoned, surrendered, stray, abused or neglected dogs. We also want to educate the public on the plight of homeless dogs, the benefits of adoption, the importance of spay/neuter, and the proper care of dogs.
- Website: http://nutsformuttsrescue.com/
- Contact: Nicole, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer Opportunities: We need volunteers to help with fundraising, event coordinating, transporting, weekend staffing at our adoption center, education, recruiting, conducting home visits, etc
Rainbow Ridge Therapeutic, Inc.
- Mission: A horseback riding program that works with (para) professionals in serving people with developmental, psychological, and/or physical challenges, using the horse and barn environment as an alternative therapy form.
- Website: https://www.equestriantherapy.com/
- Contact: 585-245-8125
- Location: P.O. Box 203, Geneseo, NY 14454