AIDS Rochester, Trillium Health
- Mission: Trillium Health leads a compassionate community effort within the eight county Finger Lakes region by providing a continuum of programs and services including education, prevention, advocacy and support services for people infected with and affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Website: www.trilliumhealth.org
- Contact: Marcia Famolaro, 585-210-4188
- Volunteer Opportunities: Serving with nutritional program (preparing food, putting together health information packets, administrative help, helping with special events/fundraisers
American Cancer Society
- Mission: The American Cancer Society is the nationwide, community-based, voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer through research, education, advocacy, and service
- Website: www.cancer.org
- Contact: Sadie Mueller, 585-288-1950
- Volunteer Opportunities: Cancer prevention program, organize fundraising/awareness events, serve on one of the four areas of Relay For Life: advocacy, cancer education, relay, and survivorship
- Get Involved on Campus: Participate in Relay for Life with Colleges against Cancer, email@example.com
American Heart Association of Rochester
- Mission: To build healthier lives, free of cardiovascular disease and stroke
- Website: www.heart.org
- Contact: Robbin Annello, 585-426-4050
- Address: 25 Circle Street #102, Rochester NY 14607
- Volunteer Opportunities: Educational and fundraising programs.
American Red Cross
- Mission: Emergency response organization
- Website: www.redcross.org
- Contact: Cailin Sofko, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer Opportunities: Assisting with blood drive (receptionist, canteen, driver). Other opportunities include: office assistance, craft shows, events.
- Get Involved on Campus: Geneseo Red Cross | email@example.com
Colleges Against Cancer
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Mission: Working to assure the development of the means to cure and control cystic fibrosis and to improve the quality of life for those with the disease
- Website: www.cff.org
- Contact: Gia Coone, 585-546-5890 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer Opportunities: Fund raisers (walk-a-thons, etc.) to find a cure for disease affecting children.
- Mission: To end hunger and to leverage the power of food to build a healthier community
- Website: http://foodlinkny.org/
- Program Description: If volunteering in the warehouse, you will be sorting through donated food and checking for quality control. You may also be asked to back bags for our BackPack program for local children. You may also be bagging fresh produce for our partner agencies.
- Contact: Ethan DeBruyne, Volunteer Relations Coordinator at 585-328-3380 ext.160 or email@example.com
- Location: 1999 Mt. Read Blvd., Rochester, NY 14615
- Additional Information: If volunteering in the warehouse, you are to park in lot B which is in the back of the Foodlink building at 1999 Mt. Read Boulevard; The warehouse can be chilly so dress comfortably and you must wear closed-toed shoes.
**Contact Geneseo Alumnae Gabby Ignatti at GIgnatti@foodlinkny.org for the Cooking Matters Workshop: Nutrition Education Program on March 18th at Walmart for adults looking to learn how to shop for healthy foods on a limited budget
Food Security Advocates
Friends of Strong Hospital
- Mission: To promote the mission of Strong Hospital, working with patient needs and supporting the hospital; visiting a variety of units including Pediatrics, Patient discharge and the Gift Shop
- Website: http://www.stronghealth.com/about/fos/index.cfm
- Contact: Mary Collins, 585-275-2420
- Address: 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642
- Volunteer Opportunities: Fund raisers, working with patients directly, or helping in the Family Waiting Room.
Kids Adjusting Through Support, Camp Good Days and Special Times
- Mission: To help improve the quality of life for children and adults in our programs that are diagnosed with cancer and other life challenges
- Contact: Stephanie D'Amico- Constantino, 585-624-5555 ext. 3222
- Address: 1332 Pittsford-Mendon Rd, Mendon, NY 14506
- Program Description: Coordinated through Camp Good Days and Special Times, KATS offers free services to families who are coping with the serious illness or death of a family member.
- Volunteer Opportunities: Children Coping Support Group, help with Camp Good Days and Special Times events
Livingston County Department of Health
- Mission: The Livingston County Department of Health works with the community to assure the availability of health services, to promote healthy living, and to ensure a safe environment for today and tomorrow.
- Website: http://www.co.livingston.state.ny.us/doh.htm
- Location: 2 Murray Hill Drive, Mt Morris, NY 14510
- Contact: Lisa Beardsley, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer Opportunities: Healthy Retail program. student volunteers help identify and label low fat, low sugar and low sodium food products in Livingston county grocery stores
March of Dimes
- Mission: Dedicated to improving the health of babies by reducing birth defects and infant mortality
- Website: www.marchofdimes.com
- Contact: Linda Berman, 585-424-3250
- Address: 3445 Winton Pl., Rochester, NY 14623
- Volunteer Opportunities: Office support, fund raisers, public relations, fairs, sponsorships and community relations.
- Local Opportunities: Contact Jon Macko in the Volunteer Center at email@example.com for opportunities in Geneseo
**Sign-up for the next walk on April 26th at Seneca Lake State Park, Route 5 and 20, Geneva, NY 14456
Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Mission: Voluntary health agency working to defeat neuromuscular diseases through worldwide research, comprehensive services, and public health education
- Website: www.mda.org
- Contact: Christina Sherman, 585-424-6560
- Address: 1425 Jefferson Rd, Rochester, NY 14623
- Volunteer Opportunities: Working at summer camp, annual telethon
National Kidney Foundation
- Mission: Eradicating kidney disease and advocation of organ donation
- Website: https://www.kidney.org/offices/nkf-serving-upstate-new-york
- Contact: Jessica Cipolla, 585-697-0874
- Address: 310 Packett's Landing, Fairport, NY 14450
- Volunteer Opportunities: Assist with local programs, fund raising, special events and office work
- Website: www.tereseahouse.org
- Contact: Peter Brandt, 585-243-1978
- Address: 21 Highland Rd, Geneseo, NY 14454
- Program Description: A volunteer-powered Hospice program that provides round-the-clock comfort and caring for people in their last three months of life.
- Volunteer Opportunities: Volunteers spend time with residents and their families in a variety of ways including reading and watching TV with residents, physical and emotional care for residents as well as answering phone and preparing small meals