Backpack Lunches for Kids
- Program Description: There are children in the Livingston County community that get breakfast and lunch at school for a reduced price. On weekends and holiday breaks these children often go hungry. The Backpack Lunch Program will send children home with food they can easily prepare over the weekend. When selecting food for the Backpack Lunch Program, we are looking for kid-friendly, nutritious, and lightweight items with a long shelf life.
- Contact: Garth Freeman: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer Opportunities: We appreciate your donations! You can donate individual food items* or cases/boxes of food items. Please drop off food items in CU 353 and specify that your donation is for the Backpack Lunch Program.
- *Food items in need: PB & crackers, Cheese & crackers, Fruit cups, Applesauce, Granola bars, Trail mix, Spaghettios, Breakfast bars, Individual cereal boxes, Juice boxes
- Website: https://www.ssjrochester.org/
- Contact: Kathleen O'Shea, 585-454-4197, email@example.com
- Address: 1111 Joseph Avenue, Rochester, NY 14621
- Volunteer Opportunities: Helping with cleaning, basic upkeep and seasonal needs of the Bethany House
BOCES Migrant Center
- Website: www.migrant.net
- Contact: 585-658-7960
- Address: 3 Leicester Rd., Leicester, NY 14481
- Mission: To provide a variety of services to migrant farmers locally as well as on a state/national level
- Volunteer Opportunities: Food/clothing drives, fund raising, special events, entertainment, outreach, tutoring.
- Website: http://www.aboutcclc.org/
- Mission: Rooted in Scripture and tradition which emphasizes the dignity of every human person, especially the poorest among us, Catholic Charities of Livingston County provides direct assistance, advocates for social and economic justice, and encourages self-sufficiency through education and support.
- Address: 34 East State Street, Mt. Morris, NY 14510
- Contact: (585) 658-4466, Jessica Pierce, Agency Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer Opportunities:
- Mentor Moms - Share your knowledge and love of parenting with an expecting or new mother in your community. Mentor Moms need your support, mentors needed for parenting / soon to-be-parents. Contact Michelle Dourie at email@example.com or call (585) 658-4466 ext. 16.
- HOPE Youth Mentor - Need mentors to help at-risk children ages 6-14 in your community. Please contact Donna Mankoff at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (585) 245-3947.
- Faith in Action Volunteer - Help a senior(s) in your community remain living independently at home by assisting them with small tasks such as housekeeping, home repairs, grocery shopping, and transportation to medical appointments.
- Food Pantry/Clothing Cupboard - Need volunteers to work in the pantry. Contact Amy Patterson at email@example.com or call (585) 658-4466 ext. 25.
- LEAF Volunteers - Could your organization or group help us raise funds for the Livingston Emergency Assistance Fund (LEAF)? LEAF assists the poor in Livingston County, preventing utility disconnection and housing evictions, and providing prescription assistance for those without insurance. Volunteers are always needed to organize a fundraiser to benefit this important program.
- Front Desk Volunteer - Greet visitors to our office, answer phones, and assist the Office Manager with things such as mailings and other small tasks.
- Garden Volunteer - Be a Garden Leader and assist fellow gardeners at work sessions or become part of the Garden Board.
- Mission: To end hunger and to leverage the power of food to build a healthier community
- Website: http://foodlinkny.org/
- Program Description: If volunteering in the warehouse, you will be sorting through donated food and checking for quality control. You may also be asked to back bags for our BackPack program for local children. You may also be bagging fresh produce for our partner agencies.
- Contact: Ethan DeBruyne, Volunteer Relations Coordinator at 585-328-3380 ext.160 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: 1999 Mt. Read Blvd., Rochester, NY 14615
- Additional Information: If volunteering in the warehouse, you are to park in lot B which is in the back of the Foodlink building at 1999 Mt. Read Boulevard; The warehouse can be chilly so dress comfortably and you must wear closed-toed shoes.
**Contact Geneseo Alumnae Gabby Ignatti at GIgnatti@foodlinkny.org for the Cooking Matters Workshop: Nutrition Education Program on March 18th at Walmart for adults looking to learn how to shop for healthy foods on a limited budget
Geneseo-Groveland Emergency Food Pantry
- Contact: Deb MacLean, 585-991-8220 or email@example.com
- Mission: To address food insecurity in our community by providing food relief to eligible residents of the of the Geneseo/Groveland school district.
- Volunteer Opportunities: Needs help with fundraising, unloading truck deliveries, client choice assistance and food drives throughout the village and campus.
- Additional Information: Serves roughly 75-100 families are served a month
Habitat for Humanity, Geneseo Student Chapter
- Website: www.geneseo.edu/~habitat
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer Opportunities: Volunteers can help with the building process or serve as a typist, artist, accountant, etc. Student group is always looking for new members and leaders for their E-board
Habitat for Humanity, Livingston County Chapter
- Program Description: Build and renovate simple, decent, affordable housing.
- Website: www.livingstoncountyhabitat.org
- Contact: Ed Carney, 585-335-5634