The SUNY Geneseo Workout Center hours of operation and classes offered are below.
The Workout Center is open to:
- SUNY Geneseo students with paid membership or a guest pass
- SUNY Geneseo faculty and staff, their spouses and their adult (18-22 years of age) children with paid membership or a guest pass.
FOR FALL 2020: The Work Out Center is free of charge to any faculty, staff, or student for the Fall 2020 semester.
Closures and Cancellations
All WOC Exercise Classes are cancelled until further notice.
Fall Semester Hours 2020: Monday - Friday (7 a.m. - 6 p.m.) by Reservation
Workout Center Policies and Procedures
Fall 2020 - First Day (Monday, 10/5)
1. The hours of the Workout Center will be Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. until 6 p.m. beginning on Monday, October 5.
2. Workouts will be 45 minutes in duration starting at the top of each hour, leaving 15 minutes for staff to perform additional cleaning of equipment.
3. Students are encouraged to reserve a time on the Google Form at least 24 hours in advance.
4. Reservations will be limited to the mandated reduced occupancy of 30 students.
5. Drop in workouts will be allowed IF the total number of students is below 30 in the facility.
6. Access to the facility will be at the main entrance of the workout center, while exit will be at the back side door. Signage is posted for your information.
7. Masks must be worn at all times in the building, including during the workout.
8. Maintain social distancing. Directional signage and grids have been placed on the floor to assist.
9. Please clean equipment before and after use, including, but not limited to; treadmills, nautilus, free weights and bars.
10. One bag permitted per person.
11. Clean, dry shoes are required.
12. Locker rooms are closed. Public restrooms are available for use.
13. The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation reserves the right to REMOVE or DENY access to the Workout Center for any individual
who does not follow the above procedures.
14. The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation reserves the right to CLOSE the Workout Center if the above policies are not followed.
15. The Work Out Center is free of charge to any faculty, staff, or student for the Fall 2020 semester.
16. You must open the Reservations Sheet with your Geneseo Google account in order to edit it.
Attached are the links to the Work Out Center Reservation Google Sheet for the Week of 10/5 and the Reservation Instructions Google Doc. Please read all of the Policies, Procedures, and Instructions before making reservations.
Reservations Week of 10/19:
Reservations Week of 10/26:
Every Monday, the Reservation Link will be posted for the upcoming week, so you are always able to make reservations a week in advance.
Please direct all questions to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org!
Personal Trainers: Trainers are not available during Summer or during college breaks.
You can email the trainers to set up an appointment.
You must be a member of the Workout Center in order to work with the personal trainers. No additional fee is charged for an appointment with the personal trainers. Sessions are by appointment only.
Workout Center Exercise Classes
- Exercise classes are not held during summer, college breaks, and during final exams.
- Please sign in at the door of each class.
- Clean shoes must be worn at all times.
- Spin Classes held in Merritt Athletic Center Squash Court #3
- Thursday Yoga at Noon held in the Knight Spot
- All other classes held in Schrader Dance Studio