- B.Com: University of Calcutta, India
- MBA: Aligarh University, India
- Masters of Business: Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Ph.D: University of Southern Queensland, Australia.
His research interests are in the areas of New Product and Service Development, International Marketing and Marketing Education. His research has been or is scheduled to be published in prestigious Marketing journals including: Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Journal of Services Marketing, Journal of International Marketing and Exporting. His research has also appeared in refereed proceedings of several professional meetings and conferences including American Marketing. Association’s Marketing Educators’ Conferences, World Marketing Congress, Australia and New Zealand Marketing Educators’ Conferences, Academy of International Business Conference and ANZAM Conference.
Publications and Professional Activities
- Alam, I. (2013). “Customer interaction in service innovation: evidence from India,” International Journal of Emerging Markets, 8(1), 41-64.
- Alam, I. (2013). “Conducting Longitudinal Qualitative Research for New Service Development in Emerging Markets,” Mumbai: Marketing Metamorphosis, Transforming Lives, Nurturing Lifestyles. Proceedings of the 8th SIMSR Global Marketing Conference: pp. 217-222.
- Alam, I. (2013). “Cultural Issues in New Service Development Research in Emerging Markets.” Discussant in 9th Royal Bank Research Seminar, Montreal, Canada.
- American Marketing Association (AMA)
- Academy of Marketing Science (AMS)
- Product Development and Management Association (PDMA)