or by appointment
- B.Com: University of Calcutta, India
- MBA: Aligarh University, India
- Masters of Business: Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Ph.D: University of Southern Queensland, Australia.
- American Marketing Association (AMA)
- Academy of Marketing Science (AMS)
- Product Development and Management Association (PDMA)
- Alam, I (2015) “Marketing Financial Services to the Ethnic Minority Customers in India”, The Routledge Companion to Ethnic Marketing Jamal, A., Peñaloza, L. and Laroche, M. editors, 222-234. Taylor and Francis, NY. (ISBN# 978-0-415-64363-4)
- Alam, I (2015). Developing Sharia-compliant Financial Services for the Muslim Customers in India. Journal of Islamic Economics, Banking and Finance. 11 (1): 47-70.
- Alam, I (2014). Designing Experiential Learning Projects for Teaching Marketing Courses. Atlantic Marketing Journal, 3 (3): 114-130.
- Alam, I (2014). Developing New Financial Services from Lead User Input in India. International Journal of Marketing & Business Communication, 3 (2): 24-32.
- Alam I (2014), Moving Beyond the Stage Gate Models for Service Innovation: The Trend and the Future. International Journal of Economic Practices and Theories, 4 (5): 637-646.
- Alam I (2014) Conducting Research for New Service Development in Emerging Markets. Journal of Services Research, 14 (1): 183-201.
- Alam I (2014) Impact of Cultural Factors on Service Innovation, International Journal of Economics and Management, 4 (3): 20-33.
- Alam, I (2013) Customer interaction in service innovation: evidence from India, International Journal of Emerging Markets, 8 (1): 41 – 64.
- Alam, I (2012) New Service Development in India’s Business-to-Business Financial Services Sector. Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing, 27 (3): 228-241.
- Alam, I (2011) “Process of Customer Interaction During New Service Development in an Emerging Country.” Service Industries Journal, 31 (16): 2741-2756.
- Alam I (2011) Exploring Cross-National Differences in Service Innovation Process and Strategy in Developing and Developed Nations. Journal of Service Management. 22 (5): 586-606.
- Alam, I. (2011) “Key Customer Characteristics for Customer-oriented Innovation in Australian Service Industry”. Journal of Services Research, 11 (1): 41-60.
- Alam, I. (2010) “Does Service Innovation Process Differ Across Cultures?” Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, 22 (4): 460-472
- Alam, I (2008) “Service Innovation Strategy and Process: A Cross-national Comparative Analysis” Innovation in the Service Sector, New Approaches, Sen Simantee, editor. The Icfai University Press (ISBN# 81-314-1289-4).
- Alam, I (2007) “New Service Development Process: Emerging versus Developed Markets” Journal of Global Marketing, 20 (2/3): 43-55
- Alam, I. (2006) “Process of Customer Interaction in New Service Development” Involving Customers in New Service Development Edvardsson B., Gustafsson A., Kristensson P., Magnusson P & Matthing J, editors. Imperial College Press (ISBN# 1-86094-669-0).
- Alam, I. (2006) “Service Innovation Strategy and Process: A Cross-national Comparative Analysis” International Marketing Review, 23 (3): 234-254.
- Alam, I. (2006) “Removing the fuzziness from the fuzzy front-end of service innovations through customer interactions”, Industrial Marketing Management, 35 (4): 468-480.
- Alam, I (2005) “Fieldwork and Data Collection in Qualitative Marketing Research”. Qualitative Market Research-An International Journal, 8 (1): 97-112.
- Alam, I. (2004) Interacting with Customers in New Product Development Process. PDMA Handbook of New Product Development. Kahn, K, Castellion, G and Griffin A, editors. John Wiley and Sons. (ISBN# 0-471-48524-1)
- Alam I. (2003) Commercial Innovations from Consulting Engineering Firms: An Empirical Exploration of a Novel Source of New Product Ideas, Journal of Product Innovation Management, 20 (4): 300-313.
- Alam, I. (2003), “Innovation Strategy, Process and Performance in the Commercial Banking Industry. Journal of Marketing Management, 19 (9-10), 973-999.
- Alam, I. (2002) “An Exploratory Investigation of User Involvement in New Service Development, the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science (JAMS), 30 (3): 250-261.
- Alam, I. and Perry C. (2002) “A customer-oriented new service development process” Journal of Services Marketing, 16 (6): 515-534.
- Alam, I. (2000), ‘New Product Development strategies of Taiwanese firms’, Journal of International Marketing and Exporting, 5 (1): 47-58.
More About Me
His research interests are in the areas of New Product and Service Development, International Marketing and Marketing Education. His research has been or is scheduled to be published in prestigious Marketing journals including: Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Journal of Services Marketing, Journal of International Marketing and Exporting. His research has also appeared in refereed proceedings of several professional meetings and conferences including American Marketing. Association?s Marketing Educators? Conferences, World Marketing Congress, Australia and New Zealand Marketing Educators? Conferences, Academy of International Business Conference and ANZAM Conference.
MKTG 331: Marketing
A study of the principles, concepts, and managerial policies pertaining to the marketing function within organizations. This course will focus upon the total quality management of the marketing function; consumer behavior; market research and information systems; policies pertaining to product and service development, pricing, promotion, physical distribution and sales; and the external marketing environment (e.g., law and ethics, globalization, technological change, and demographic diversity in the marketplace). Restricted to School of Business majors. Others may seek permission from the School of Business. Prerequisites: Junior or senior status.