Shuo ChenAssociate Professor of School of Business
Shuo Chen has been a member of the Geneseo faculty since 2005
- B.A., Renmin University of China
- M.A. Economics, University of Mississippi
- Ph.D. Economics, University of Mississippi
- SUNY Geneseo, 2005-present
- American Economic Association
- Midwest Economic Association
- Chen, S. and Anthony Gu (2012). "Expectation Fulfillment Effect on the Fed?s Announcement Day: Evidence in the U.S. Stock Market", 17th International Conference, Global Business Development Institute, Las Vegas.
More About Me
Dr. Chen's research interests are in the areas of Industrial Organization, Managerial Economics, and Econometrics. Her paper, "Bargaining for Monopoly: the Joint Operating Arrangement between the Denver Post and the Rocky Mountain News," has been published in Antitrust Bulletin. Her current research projects include "open source software and intellectual property protection" and "multicollinearity in estimating time series models." These works have been presented at several professional conferences, including the Midwest Economic Association and Southern Economic Association conferences.
Dr. Chen's Links
ECON 110: Introductory Microeconomics
A survey introduction to microeconomics with emphasis on the concepts of demand, supply, production, input markets, general equilibrium, and economic efficiency. Attention is given to the problems of income distribution, agriculture, spillover effects, and international trade.
ECON 370: Industrial Organization
A study of the theory, organization, and operation of the structure of business enterprise. Emphasis is given to the incidence of competitive and monopolistic tendencies in various markets, economic concentration, market conduct, market performance, and regulatory policy. Prerequisites: ECON 210 and junior standing. Restricted to School of Business majors. Others may seek permission from the School of Business. Offered every other year.