Dining Updates Fall 2022
New Services and Offerings...
Lotus, Gluten-Friendly Station (Mary Jemison)—Available for Mobile Ordering (Monday, September 19)!
Lotus, our gluten-friendly stir fry station will be available on mobile ordering, starting on September 19. Download the app and place your order for pick up. This is available as part of our unlimited plan or using Retail Dollars, Campus Cash, FAST Account, Credit Card, or Cash. Payment must be made at the register upon pickup. You will need your receipt to receive your order. Thank you!
1871 Market—Located Next to Fraser Hall Library
1871 Market is now open in Fraser Hall, next to the library. You can find a variety of locally-made salads, sandwiches, and wraps, along with a variety of popular beverages. If you are in the mood for a quick cup of coffee or hot cocoa, try our bean-to-cup brewing machine. Choose from three different blends of Starbucks coffee brews to create your drink! This space is accessible during the building hours up to 11 p.m., Monday through Thursday. Our bean-to-cup machine accepts Retail Dollars, Campus Cash, or Credit Card and our smart vending machines currently accept credit cards, but we will upgrade soon!
Kishido—the Japanese translation is "The way of the knight"
Visit one of our latest additions, Kishido. Kishido means the way of the knight and often translates to chivalry, which within the knightly system is a code of conduct or a combination of qualities expected of an ideal knight, especially courage, honor, courtesy, justice, and readiness to help those in need. We are here to serve our Geneseo Knights a variety of delicious made-to-order sushi and Japanese cuisine at Kishido, our on-campus sushi bar located on the first floor of Letchworth Dining Complex.
Squire Express Delivery—Now Available for Delivery to ISC Building
Our true-blue delivery service is a means to help support our Geneseo knights and campus community, by offering an on-campus delivery service of freshly-made salads, sandwiches, wraps, snacks, sushi, and Japanese cuisine. Learn More
New at Mary's—Acai Bowls
Experience the delicious powers of Acai! Acai bowls are made-to-order and available at Mary's Smoothies located in upper Mary Jemison. It's more than just a tasty berry that is harvested by hand from the rainforests of the Amazon. It contains antioxidants that help keep your defenses high. Acai is loaded with healthy Omegas 3, 6, 9, which are the good fats for your brain and body. Try one today!
Each week, we continue to adapt our menu and services to provide better offerings based on customer feedback. We continue to communicate these changes, and hope that our efforts indicate that we are both hearing your suggestions/concerns and making improvements in good faith.
Updates Week 10/17:
- Low carb wraps are now at all units available at the deli stations
Updates Week 10/10:
- Launched boba tea at kishido
Updates Week 10/3:
- We reopened our Clean Eats dedicated, top nine allergen-free station at Letchworth. Our new menu is posted online.
- We are giving out Free sushi samples, seaweed salad, miso soup, and boba tea at our Kishido Grand Opeining on 10/12, 1:00 - 2:00 PM
- We are offering monthly specials at various units
- We now offer a low carb wrap at Mary's Deli
Updates Week 9/26:
- Starting on Monday (10/3) we will reopen our Clean Eats dedicated, top nine allergen-free station at Letchworth. Our new menu will be available online starting Monday.
- Low sugar greek yogurt is now available in all units for breakfast. This is also available for smoothies and parfaits by request.
Updates Week 9/19:
- We added pizza back to our daily entrées at Letchworth. Pizza is also available daily at Red Jacket.
- We extended our Mobile Ordering options to include our gluten-friendly stir fry station, Lotus, located in Mary Jemison.
- We added a gluten-friendly zone for breakfast at Mary Jemison.
Updates Week 9/12:
- We are placing more signage to increase awareness about our pre-made Kosher meals available in all of our units.
- We are increasing our Clean Eats (allergen-free) production and making these more readily available at each unit. We are also establishing our Clean Eats menu at Letchworth and will make this available via our online menus.
- We are adding more gluten-friendly items, seeking pre-packaged alternatives (like bagels), and placing gluten-friendly items and appliances strategically to eliminate the possibility of cross contamination.
- We are adding more low-sugar items to our offerings.
- We opened our 1871 Market, located in Fraser hall. It features locally-made salads, sandwiches, and wraps, along with a variety of cold beverages. We also have a new bean-to-cup hot coffee or cocoa brewing machine that uses a variety of Starbucks coffee blends. The hours are the same as the building hours which extend to 11pm Monday-Thursday.
- Our human resources department is working diligently to hire employees, with 86 new hires since June, and we are actively onboarding student employees. As staffing increases we will be able to expand hours and services.