From the Provost's Office: Faculty Information for Fall 2020 Classes
- Wireless Microphones - Newton
The following Lecture Halls previously had dedicated wireless microphone systems installed, with the belt-pack microphone available for sign out from the A/V desk in Newton 121:
- Newton 201
- Newton 202
- Newton 203
- Newton 204
- Newton 214
Before the fall semester, CIT will be installing an audio to USB microphone interface. This will allow the wireless microphone audio to be fed into a laptop or the dedicated PC in the classroom. Faculty will need to select “Focusrite Scarlet Solo” as the “Microphone” input in Zoom audio settings for that audio to be part of a hybrid class using Zoom. The students connecting remotely will get clearer audio from the presenter, and Zoom sessions can be recorded to the local computer as well.
Sign-out equipment will be sanitized routinely, and all wireless microphone transmitters will get a disposable cover that will be discarded after each use. Keyboards and touch screen panels will be sanitized routinely as well.
- Coming Soon - Wireless Microphones - Bailey, South, Welles
The following rooms will have a new wireless microphone system installed new:
- Bailey 101
- Bailey 102
- Bailey 103
- Bailey 104
- Bailey 105
- Bailey 201
- Bailey 202
- Bailey 203
- Bailey 204
- Bailey 205
- South Hall 233
- South Hall 336
- South Hall 338
- South Hall 340
- Welles Hall 24
- Welles Hall 26
- Welles Hall 121
- Welles Hall 123
These rooms will have disposable microphone covers available as well, and will be sanitized as frequently as possible. There will also be the microphone to USB audio interfaces installed, to facilitate better audio for hybrid Zoom classes.
- Personal Voice Amplification
The Giecy Voice Amplifier is portable, rechargeable, and comes with its own headset microphone. The headset is wired, but the amplified speaker can be clipped on a belt. It's also relatively inexpensive.
Giecy Voice Amplifier Portable Bluetooth 30W 2800mAh Rechargeable PA System Speaker for Multiple Locations Such as Classroom, Meetings and Outdoors $39.98
Amplifier-Bluetooth- Rechargeable-Locations/dp/ B07PRF5WKB/ref=psdc_ 8882491011_t1_B07F8SKW17
- Classrooms at Geneseo offer a laptop connection (HDMI/VGA) and DVD player. Some classrooms also have a document camera.
- To explore the technology available in each classroom, visit Virtual EMS.
- To view the room capacities of our general purpose classrooms, download this PDF. Note that this PDF does not represent the new physical distancing numbers.
- To reserve a room contact Campus Scheduling & Special Events at 585-245-5500.
- For Immediate Assistance for Technology Issues in the Classroom, call the CIT HelpDesk 585-245-5588. State that you have a classroom emergency that needs immediate attention. Be prepared with building and room #, faculty name, and a brief description of the issue.
- To Report an issue after class, where no immediate response is necessary, submit a request on behalf of faculty at https://jira.geneseo.edu/
- CIT is able to assist with many other needs in the classroom, including student seating and instructor furniture. Since these issues are not typically an emergency, it is best to submit a request at https://jira.geneseo.edu/
Computers for student use can be found in nearly every academic building. Select computer labs may also be reserved for presentations or a class that requires the use of technology. To reserve a computer classroom, contact Campus Scheduling & Special Events at 585-245-5500.
Information about the number of seats in and software available in computer labs can be viewed on our Computer Labs and Software Information page.
Geneseo also has a Virtual Computer Lab available. For information visit our Using Geneseo Virtual Computer Labs Self Help document.
For questions about using Geneseo computer labs or other computer related problems, call the CIT HelpDesk at (585) 245-5588, use this form to report an issue, visit us on the main floor of Milne Library, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.