Our liberal arts curriculum combines foundational knowledge and critical thinking with practical, in-demand skills that are coveted in today’s changing economy.
- Within a year, 88 percent of recent graduates are either working or pursuing a graduate degree.
- The top SUNY Institution, and #10 in the nation, for four-year college graduation rates (Chronicle of Higher Education).
- The only public college in Consortium on High Achievement & Success, a collective of 26 selective liberal arts colleges and small universities dedicated to promoting high achievement, leadership and personal satisfaction of students.
Our integrative and transformational learning environment empowers our students to pursue their academic, personal and career goals.
- #1 Best Undergraduate Teaching Program (US News & World Report).
- 81 percent of Geneseo faculty report involving undergraduates in their research (natl. avg. 66 percent) Higher Education Research Institute Faculty Survey, 2013-14.
- 40 percent of graduating seniors undertook a research project (NSSE) (other SUNY comps: 25 percent; COPLAC institutions: 29 percent).
- 67 percent honed their leadership skills in a student group or organization (other SUNY comps: 37 percent)
We take tremendous pride in the success of our alumni and leverage their accomplishments to expand our reach, influence and recognition.
- A top producer of future PhDs (NSF Survey of Earned Doctorates).
- #5 for master’s colleges for STEM PhDs
- #6 across all disciplines
- In a recent survey, 90.1 percent of graduates viewed their Geneseo experience as “excellent.”
- After graduation, students secure opportunities that allow them to repay their federal student loans quicker than other most graduates
- 1.9 percent loan default rate (national avg. 11.5 percent).