Today at Geneseo is a daily internal e-newsletter for faculty and staff (NOT students, parents, or the community). College Communications and Marketing publishes Today at Geneseo on weekday mornings throughout the year, except on college holidays and during the holiday period from December 24 through January 1. If no urgent submissions are received, no issue will be published that day.
The Today at Geneseo editorial team makes decisions about which content to include and how it will appear, as well as the publication’s tone, voice, and style. All submissions are edited for clarity and brevity. Today at Geneseo follows the Chicago Manual of Style and the college’s Language Usage Guide.
Submitting content to Today at Geneseo
Submit story ideas and suggestions via the Today at Geneseo submission form.
The deadline for the following day’s issue is 2 p.m. each business day. Materials received after that may not be considered for the following day’s issue. Send the info at least a week or two before a scheduled deadline. We do our best to accommodate requests for items to run on a particular day. The more time we have to consider submissions and suggestions, the better.
Content guidelines to keep in mind
- Limit your submissions to 150 words. Use links to provide further details.
- Know your audience. Today at Geneseo has an internal, on-campus audience of faculty and staff. If your submission is geared toward a subset of the faculty or staff, consider sending it to a more targeted publication, such as a department newsletter.
- Make a direct connection to SUNY Geneseo. We reserve the right to decline submissions that don’t meet that criterion.
Content we DON’T include
- Specific events. However, short reminders about events are permitted. Events should be submitted via the online events calendar.
- Personal fundraising or community fundraising efforts. Fundraiser listings are limited to those that directly support the College.
Questions or comments?
Send them to email@example.com. We welcome feedback from the college community.