Cyber Security is our Shared Responsibility
- Make your passwords long, complex, and difficult to guess.
- Check the privacy settings on social networking sites. Know who you're sharing your information with.
- Connect securely: Random wi-fi hotspots can steal your information. On campus, use SUNY Geneseo.
- Don't take the bait. Do not open attachments or click on links from untrusted sources. Never send personal information in an email.
- Configure mobile devices to lock the screen automatically after a brief period of inactivity. Use passcodes.
- Think your Google account has been affected by a phishing email? Run a google Security Checkup to review your Google settings.
One College Circle Featured Series
- Cyber Security: What To Do If You Have Been Compromised? 10/26/17
- Cyber Security: How to Protect Yourself 10/19/17
- What You Need to Know About Mobile Device Security 10/12/17
- Information Security: What is My Role? 10/5/17
- Cyber Security: How to Protect Yourself 10/28/16
- What You Need to Know About Mobile Device Security 10/21/16
- The Importance of Passwords 10/7/16