To be eligible for the New York State Master Teacher program, you must:
- Be a certified NYS full-time public school teacher, grades K - 12, with at least four years of teaching experience.
- For K-5 teachers: you are teacher of record* for Science, Technology/Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) content. For 6-12 teachers: your course load is at least 60% STEM courses.
- Be rated "effective" or “highly effective” on your Annual Professional Performance Review
*Teacher of record indicates that the teacher is responsible for preparing and implementing the curriculum, and assessing students.
The NYSMTP professional network extends to include eligible K -12 teachers who also have specialized training and expertise to support STEM instruction for students who have been designated dual language or ESL/ELL, or students with disabilities. We encourage applications from NYS teachers who meet all of our eligibility criteria and
- Hold an extension certificate in bilingual education, or
- Hold certification in English as a Second Language, or
- Hold dual certification in a STEM content area or at the elementary level and Students with Disabilities
For more information, visit the SUNY Master Teacher Program website.