When conforming goods and/or services have been received and a proper invoice has been submitted by the supplier and received in the College's Accounting & Budgeting Services Department, the State requires the supplier to be paid within thirty (30) days from the date it was received (22 days in the State agency and 8 days in the Office of the State Comptroller). Therefore, the College has only 22 days after the invoice is received in Accounts Payable to perform the following:
- Obtain receiving paperwork;
- Verify delivery to the department if there are any questions;
- Match the invoice to the purchase order and receiving information;
- Make provision for change in pricing to original encumbrance;
- Input the voucher information on the SUNY accounting system; and
- Submit all of the necessary paperwork to the State Comptroller's Office in Albany
When the process runs smoothly, the above tasks are completed well in advance of the allotted time. However, the cooperation of all involved parties is critical to ensuring these tasks get completed with timeliness, so that interest is avoided. When an invoice is incorrectly sent to a department instead of Accounting & Budgeting Services (as directed on the purchase order), the department should immediately email the invoice to "AcctsPay@geneseo.edu" with a note indicating the purchase order number to which the invoice corresponds OR, alternatively, open the applicable order within the KnightSource e-procurement system and attach the invoice to the order using the "Comment" feature and select an Accounting staff member as a recipient of the Comment.