Love Shouldn't Hurt Campaign
The Love Shouldn't Hurt Campaign was uniquely designed by two senior members of our student team, Sara Rule and Laura Ulrich, to engage with the student body in an effort to raise awareness of intimate partner violence and sexual assault. By taking the pledge, students, faculty and staff can declare their commitment to breaking the silence and ending sexual violence.
I pledge to...
- Always ask for affirmative consent before engaging in any sexual act
- Always treat my romantic partners with respect, equality and honesty
- Always pay attention to my surroundings and be an active bystander by intervening in situations where problematic behavior is observed
- Stand up and support survivors of intimate partner violence
- Promote an environment in which survivors feel comfortable coming forward and ending the silence
- Continue education on intimate partner violence, and actively educate my peers.
Join the 422 other SUNY Geneseo Campus Community members that have taken the Love Shouldn't Hurt Pledge!