2023-24 TLC Events
Fall Semester 2023
Planning for Fall Semester TLC programming is underway. Look for events to focus on
- Effective pedagogical approaches & classroom management in our "new normal"
- Generative AI
- Inclusive teaching practices & establishing a community of belonging
If you require accommodations for equal access to any of the events below, please contact the Office of Accessibility Services via email at email@example.com, or call 585-245-5112 at least one week prior to this event.
Have a topic you'd really like to work more with that isn't listed here, or a speaker you'd like to hear from? Let the TLC know: firstname.lastname@example.org. We value your input!
Completed Programs & Materials
- Thurs. 8/17, 10am. Preparing for AI in our Fall Classes (via Teams)
- Annotated Agenda with chat comments, questions, and links added
- Geneseo-specific templates for AI Syllabus Statements
Generative AI tools like ChatGPT are free, easy, extraordinarily helpful, and our students are using them. Are you prepared for the impacts this will have on your classes this fall?
This TLC session allowed participants to share insights about generative AI in higher education, and strategies for harnessing its use in our coursework.
Geneseo faculty and staff who participated in the “Educause Learning Lab: ChatGPT in Higher Education” cohort over the summer will help guide the conversation. We will also draw on the guidance offered by Flower Darby in The Chronicle for Higher Education, “4 Steps to Help You Plan for ChatGPT in Your Classroom.” (Geneseo account log-in required for article access.)
- Fri. 9/15, 2pm. TLC Faculty Mentoring Information Session (via Teams)
- This session was recorded and is available upon request. Email Alexis Clifton (email@example.com) for access to the recording.
- Geneseo Faculty Mentoring Resource Guide is available online.
Facilitated by Alexis Clifton (TLC) and Karleen West (Political Science & International Relations), this session discussed the rewards and challenges as serving as a faculty mentor to newer members of the teaching community at Geneseo.